The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious why the topic entitled "Earn $ for spending time reading these forums!" was removed from the "Other" forum, afterall, the "Other" forum is dedicated to "Discussion of all other topics not necessarily diesel related. User-surveys, general questions, etc.", and I think this was a topic which fell into this genre. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Thought this site was relatively safe from censorship. Guess I was wrong...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yes Spepin, you are wrong. We've hashed this out numerous times, so I'll make it short.

Jason Lester owns this site. It is his house. You cannot say anything you want to on this site. Jason and his representatives (moderators and administrators) can censor anything that they want. They could delete the whole site if they wanted to. No freedom of speach here. Freedom of speech does not apply to private websites.

Happy New Year..

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Hmm. I have no idea who deleted it.

I was tempted to. Most other forums on the net do not allow the AllAdvantage type posts since they are technically "advertisments" and yes, you could even call them a pyramid scheme since you make money when you sign people up.

I apologize if no one gave you notice when a post was deleted. I try to do that if I delete posts.

SP

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Moderator
[email protected]
1999.5 F250 PSD CC 4x2 LWB Black over Tan, Built 3/08/99

G

·
0 Posts
I did sign up for it, figuring that I would send any excess over my $19.99/mo to jason for this site. I agree that it was proabably out of bounds, but seems like a quick way to pay my share.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
I'm with Shawn. I didn't do it. But I worried about it, and wondered if maybe I wasn't doing my job by letting it stay there. But apparently one of the more experienced moderators did it and saved me the worry.

And speaking of my new hat, this thread probably belongs in the Ford-Diesel.com forum and not here. But since Shawn didn't move it, and he's senior to me in this moderation business, I'll just blame it on him.

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. ........ Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 12-31-1999).]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Smokey

I for one am glad to see your new hat. glad to call you "The Man"

------------------
99 350 SRW CC XLT LWB 2WD RED SIX SPEED TT MIRRORS ODOM REAR BUMPER AND THE GREAT HUSKY FLOOR MATS BORN ON 2/98 NOW WITH 63K MILES

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I had no Idea what it was. I figured you fellas with the computer backround would know more. So I left it to your capable hands. Next time I see one I will banish it.

I usually default judgement to the first moderator that posts in a given thread. I agree with Smokey. Thus Two vs. one who may not know he had the opportunity to vote sends this baby to Ford-Diesel.com Forum.

No offense Shawn!!! surely none intended..

------------------
Keith
1994,F-250,5 Speed, SuperCab, LB, 4x4, 4.10's with Limited Traction Differential. Entirely Stock with the K&N exception.
Be a Duck!!! Still Praying for 20" of Snow in Times Square for Friday Nite!!!!

[This message has been edited by Carpentractor (edited 12-31-1999).]

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I am glad they took it off! I also ask that you administrators take off every one after that! Those kinds of advertisements are exactly why we come here instead of the newsgroups. If this guys wants to advertise scams, MLM or something else, let him go to alt.trucks.ford or another newsgroup but please keep that crap as far away from here as you can!!!! Thank you to the person who deleted the thread.

Jack

[This message has been edited by jthorpe (edited 12-31-1999).]

·
Registered
417 Posts
ALSO..AllAdvantage strictly prohibits this type of activity to get members. Spepin..read the disclosure again.

------------------
1999 F250 CC, LWB, 3.73, 4x4, Auto, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR, K&N , Flowmaster Delta 40 , Superchip, Lund Elite tonneau, 5.4L Gasser-Sorry guys, I won't pretend to know a da** thing about the PSD.www.angelfire.com/pa3/spaceace/index.html

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
oops. I knew I forgot to do something...

SP

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whd507:
I did sign up for it, figuring that I would send any excess over my $19.99/mo to jason for this site. I agree that it was proabably out of bounds, but seems like a quick way to pay my share.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my original intention as well...

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
99.5 F350 SD Lariat CC, PSD, DRW, Banks PowerPack, 4R100 with Banks TransCommand, Line-X, 20k Pullrite, Transfer Flow 50g aux tank, APCM. Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I won't tolerate any of the pyramid or get rich quick type stuff on here. In fact, any commercial or private sales info is not allowed in the forums .. those are just the worst ones I can think of.

Jason

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i have been a member of a private bbs for the last ten years. the owners and sysops have done an excellent job of keeping abvious garbage out and tolerating occasional troublemakers. think of this place as a "benevolent dictatorship". in reality, its a really good thing overall. btw, the new additional information under our usernames brought out a alarming fact....noticed smokeywren's posting count? anybody else even come close to his number? i spend most of my waking hours behind the wheel of my rig. i don't know about him....

------------------
feeder and caretaker to:
85 f250 sc 6.9 ex-const comp trk aka "ugly grn trk"
89f450 7.3IDI,5spd, 17ft car carrier (can't get out of its own way but doesn't smoke)
90f450 7.3IDI, E4OD, conv. wheelift towtruck.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I will be nice and say that he spends as much time as I do on this site

Only he is more Vocal

SP

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thank you Jason!

I'll echo the "not here" sentiment expressed by others.

-Mike
--------------------
Eat Spam, don't read it!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spaceace:
ALSO..AllAdvantage strictly prohibits this type of activity to get members. Spepin..read the disclosure again.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, went back and read it again, and, nope, there's no menion of posting a link and an explanation of the service allowing any interested person to follow the link under their own free will and sign up without any outside pressure at all. It does say that spamming is prohibited, but the last time I checked, I still haven't sent out any unolicited email to anybody's inbox as of yet (that's the definition of spamming by the way
). I have not broken any of their rules, and if you know of any that I may have missed, by all means, point them out to me!

As far as MLM, pyramid et al, get your monikers right! MLMs and pyramids rely on recruiting people to invest money in order to move up the ladder and make money. This is in no way related to these schemes. With AllAdvantage you make money by simply browsing the net like normal. Referrals also earn money for you. There are many people doing this (and many members of this board), and of the registered members, I have yet to hear any complaints. I receive no unsolicited emails, advertisements or anything else. I have never been asked to contribute, donate or invest money (as is the case with pyramid, MLM or amway). However, I have earned about $15.00 in the last week or so. Anyway, I won't go on anymore here, but if you want to discuss it on a more personal note, feel free to email me.

------------------
Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
My shortened list of options: 1FTWW32F6XEE12366 Click here to decode it!
Click here to check out my PSD pictures! Ooh, check this out!

[This message has been edited by spepin (edited 01-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by spepin (edited 01-05-2000).]

G

·
0 Posts
Heaven preserve us from this ever becoming like some of the newsgroups. I deserted two of them because the behavior was utterly childish at best and animalistic at worst. If anybody said anything in the least contraversial there was an army of people ready to tear the person apart and enjoy it in the process. There is a very good balance here, and that is evidenced by the number of registered members. Keep a firm hand on the helm Jason.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fyoung:
If anybody said anything in the least contraversial there was an army of people ready to tear the person apart and enjoy it in the process.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, am I the one tearing apart, or the one being torn apart?

------------------
Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
My shortened list of options: 1FTWW32F6XEE12366 Click here to decode it!
Click here to check out my PSD pictures! Ooh, check this out!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Both. I'm locking this discussion. Also, your signature is still not acceptable .. it still has a link to that site with your referral number. How many more times do we have to tell you?

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

1 - 20 of 20 Posts