The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that more of you are planning on ordering some of our new products. The deadline is October 15 and so far we only have 10 orders. I just wanted to remind everyone about it. Most of the things we are offering have a minimum amount that we have to buy at a time .. I hope to at least get close to the minimums. You can see them at:

Ford-Diesel.Com Products

If you have a problem with these products, please let me know by posting on the Ford-Diesel.Com Forum. I tried to offer what people had requested.

Thanks,
Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can only speak for myself, but I like things that are a little "catchier". I would order a couple of "rattle rattle stink stink" hats if they were still available. By the way, thanks for all your efforts in keeping this web site going, I have learned a lot from this page. It's got to be a drain at times.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will be ordering some things this time but the t-shirt, well it has to much writing. I prefer a simpler t-shirt like you had on the first order. Meant to get one then but I put it off a little to long. My loss.
Patrick

------------------
99 F350 XL SD PS 4R100 3.73 DRW 2WD 84" Chassis Cab
Woodland Green Clearcoat Metalic

·
Registered
24 Posts
JLester: I was wondering if you were offering the brown hats with the ford oval and Powerstroke Diesel wrote on them? I was also wondering if the Real Trucks Dont Have Spark Plugs T-Shirts are being offered?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Jason,

I'll order another T-shirt without all the writing on the back. Your logo on the pocket is just fine. If you can make a hat with Powerstroke on top and V-8 Turbo Diesel on the bottom, I am also game. I just do not want to run around like a high school kid! Little old for that. I would like a little more conservative product. If this won't work, don't feel shy to ask for contributions. I'll support you anyway I can.

Ernest

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You all can complain all you like, but the last few orders with simpler designs didn't go well. I asked for suggestions and we offered the ones that seemed most popular.

As for the Ford and Power Stroke logos, I've posted many times that Ford will not allow me to use those. I don't want to get sued like Blue Oval News.

As I said, we will be cancelling all orders if we don't get close to the minimums I need to place the orders. Some have suggested that they would rather just send money, but I thought that actually receiving something for your money is a better deal. We may be re-thinking how we finance the site in the next few months.

Jason

------------------

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Jason, I think if you jazz it up a little bit the orders might come, its kind of hard to get excited about buying a shirt that is just a square drawing on a page, what color is the shirt? what color is all of the printing etc......I think what I am saying is we need a little marketing here, then the masses might get excited and you will find that you have to hire 10 people to fill your orders...
then you can retire on the profits...lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll have to agree with most of the other folks here, the items are just OK. I'll be ordering a few of the travel mugs, 'cause I know I'll use them.
Your advertising of the items is a little weak. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and if you can't do pictures, than more descriptive write-ups.
I also think that the www.ford-diesel.com logo ought to get second billing to other catchy phrases (ie real trucks don't need spark plugs).
If you are concerned about what will be hot and what will not be hot here at this web page, come up with a list of ideas and do a vote.
There's a lot of talent and creativity here at this web site--we need to tap into it.
And please, don't do like the Dodge guys did and start charging a fee!
My check and order form are in the mail!!

------------------
Ken
95 F250SC PSD, XLT, LWB, 4x4, 4.10, E4OD, Superlift Add-A-Leaf, Rancho RS 9000s, RK truck box.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had a huge thread a while back on what to offer. The new stuff is what the majority of the people asked for. I don't know of another way to do it.

I can only offer a limited number of things because of minimum orders on custom designs. I also can't offer pictures since most companies won't do one-off designs without a pretty hefty fee.

Jason

------------------

·
Registered
471 Posts
I posted some of this on the Finance thread.

If you can get the actual logo displayed on the net, the way it will ACTUALLY look in real life, then I think people will be more inclined to buy knowing what it looks like. I know I would.

- With most of the previous stuff you sold (except the hat with the Ford logo), I notice that the font and/or design is a bit blocky and therefore not really appealing to me. I'd like to know what others think.

This is not intended to offend the original designer, but I, personally, would order more overall, if there were more eye catching designs. Sometimes the font type and format makes all the difference.

BTW, how do you design stuff? I have offered, in a past thread, to help. I have designed signs/logos and have a decent eye for that sort of thing.

However, I would need to know the requirements of the company you are using and what they need to create the silk screens (shirts) and the templates for the embroidery machine (hats) and other things. If they can take an electronic file, what file type, etc.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. I will donate all my time and the designs. I can get them to you electronically so they can be posted on the web.

- I also noticed in the pictures of the hats from last time, the brown one with the Ford logo that says "Powerstroke Diesel". I would prefer that one over what you plan on doing this time around, especially if the designs this time around are similar.

- Yet another personal preference. I DON'T LIKE BUMPER STICKERS. I would prefer a computer-cut vinyl decal that can be put on windows or on the truck itself. I think they are cleaner looking and can be custom designed very easily.

The beauty of these is that you can have MANY, MANY different designs, colors, logos, sizes and they can all exist electronically and be ordered ONE AT A TIME, or in quantity if desired. That way you don't have to worry about minimum orders. However, you can usually get a break if ordering in larger quantities, but usually it isn't that bad to do smaller quantities. People can also get them done in colors that match their individual trucks.

If you are interested, contact me directly and I will let you know what to look for. I WANT TO HELP. I planned on getting a sample done up and sending it to you with my order anyway. What color is your truck?

------------------
Jeff Vincent
------------------
2000 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab PU DRW/172 Oxford White
Packages: 627A, 52N, 649, 99F, 449, T35, X61, 153, 18L, 205, 213, 41H, 428, 433, 512, 531, 532, 54E, 55R, 552, 58K, 62R, 86R, 90P, 924, 948, 96P
10/02/1999 - Locked in, Scheduled week of Sept. 27, ETA week of Oct. 18

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Jason,

While I posted a "challenge" to buy your products in the "Other" section a couple of days ago, I decided I didn't want the products offered and chose to send a donation instead. It went out in the mail today. I sincerely hope you can keep this site free and survive off those of us who are willing to donate. By staying free, we will all benefit from information posted by those who are unable or UNWILLING to pay for access. 'Course it's hard to conceive of someone who can afford a $30 - $40 thousand truck that can't afford to pay for a membership, but lots of newbies might not join a pay site. I think the beauty of this site is the interaction of the members. Without that interaction, the site is dead.

------------------
Mike Hardin,
99.5 F250, SC,PSD, XLT, White, Born on 1/99

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jason, This web site which you have created is put together very well. It is appealing and very useful to lots of people.

The efforts you and the administrators put forth are very much appreciated.

The efforts of all those individuals who post replys and information for others to benefit from, is likewise very much appreciated, Thank You. This site wouldn't be where it's at today and growing, as it is, without everyone of us.

A small membership fee could support the site and keep it as a hobby for you. If its a business you desire, then charge a higher fee.

Free information and access is why we are here today. But freedom still has a cost. If you don't want the advertisers to pay our way, then we must do so. Handle it as a hobby, charge a small fee, handle it as a business, charge more.

We should all have a few more dollars to spend soon, since the Internet Providers will be reducing the cost to get online, and may eventually lead to free access. Though will have to put up with all the advertisements.

Whichever path you choose to go, is fine with me. Thanks... Dave

·
Registered
701 Posts
Jason,i must agree with some of the other posts regarding the quality and look of the products,i.e. t-shirts and hats.Im kinda fussy about what i wear,like to look sharp.Upgrade polo shirts with your logo and nice suede style hats might do it for me,just an idea,i didn't see the pre-product poll thread.I order shirts for my company,50 to 75 at a time,sharp shirts with custom logos,i know the costs for quality materials,but it makes ALL the difference.Not berating you,just saying my piece.Reluctantly i admit ill not order any at this time.on the flipside,this site is aces with me.Relax,nobody can do everything right,believe me,ive tried!Live and learn.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Fenceman-

When you post the same message twice, it's pretty easy for you to delete one of the copies. At the top of each message there are three little icons. The right-side icon (with the pincil) is the "edit" icon. If you click on that, you can edit your message - including delete the entire message.

It took me several tries before I figured that out. But lately I double-post much less often.

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 10-03-1999).]

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I got it for him. Before I got to read your post. Sorry Smokey

Thanks for helpin' out

------------------
Keith
1994,F-250,5 Speed, SuperCab, LB, 4x4, 4.10's, Stock,
Durabak Coated Fuel Tank & Shield

[This message has been edited by Carpentractor (edited 10-04-1999).]

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Oh, do the Admin folks delete dups now? Good idea!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks fellas!Got my own clerical staff!Cool.......lol.

------------------
Fenceman,1997 H.D.250,c.c.4x4,s.r.w. s.w.b. e4od,4.10

1 - 17 of 17 Posts