The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been noticing that the site has been very slow loading pages lately?? I have been away and just assumed that it was my connections while on the road?? Now that I am home the site still seems extremely slow?? Anyone else have any opinions on this? Thanks

Clint

·
Registered
203 Posts
It has been slow to load out west here on the left coast. Other sites I view haven't changed. What's up Jason? The page headers seem to load fairly fast but the text portions take a few seconds lately, even with DSL service.

------------------
Sam Hill - BPOE #583
99 F250 XLT SC PSD Auto 3.73 LS
2wd LWB Hatched on 7/19/98

G

·
0 Posts
same here, have to hit "reload" quite a bit lately. small price to pay for my "habit".

·
Registered
413 Posts
to sum this up quickly...

alot of users trying to browse at one time will bog the http daemon down, if there is not enough cpu/ram to handle it... upgrades arent exactly cheap so you may have to bear with it...

another scenario would be the isp having problems, which is possible as well..

i will keep coming to this site, slow or not because of the information i get.

thanks for the quality site jason..

jeremy

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is my ISP. The server is now a dual processor monster that is just barely ticking along at peak times. That combined with schools and colleges starting back up seems to have slowed many sites that I frequently visit. My employer uses a different provider, so it may be affecting multiple ISPs.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4
Black/Tan 4.10LS Fully-Loaded

1 - 5 of 5 Posts