The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Ford's ESP Service Plans on all my trucks through the years. I still cringe every time I have to pay for one. This time, my dealer is quoting me $2,695.00 for their 500+ PremiumCare ESP for 5 years/100,000 miles, which basically covers everything but wear items. I’m not interested in extending coverage beyond this time frame and mileage, my objective was just to get me through the diesel drivetrain warranty.

Is this a typical cost for this type of coverage? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I don’t mind the dealer making a little money on the deal, but this seems high for an warranty that doesn't cover the diesel drivetrain (already covered by Ford).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have heard other owners being quoted prices down to $1900.00 and even lower. You may want to shop around a bit, seems dealer sets the price, I read that dealer cost for this is somewhere around $1,200.00 so somebody might be really trying to soak you.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
Ford has several ESP packages at varying coverage and prices. Dealers "deal" on those packages the same way they deal on the price of a new vehicle.

Call my dealer and ask for a quote on your exact pkg. I'll bet he'll beat your dealer's price by a lot. Dozens of members of TheDieselStop have bought their ESP packages from my dealer because he has such good prices. He doesn't try to get rich on one sale. e-mail [email protected] , or phone 800-953-3321 and ask for Danny Ireton. Danny is the dealer himself, so you won't be talking to a flunky. But he's down-home folks that will shoot the bull with you - unless the fire department sirene goes off. He's a volunteer fireman in the little town of Stanton, so sometimes he has to hang up and run. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again Smokey, I will do exactly that!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts