The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally the rims and tires arrived... I'm not sure I want to change the dually fenders now. This is just sweet and only adjustment was trimming some of the inner fender flare near the mud flap attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
That looks awesome!! Nice work, did it affect the ride at all?

Happy Holidays!

Tony2

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually like the ride better. Clearly a little stiffer but not like everyone was saying. I heard some folks say it would drive like a brick...far from it. Tracks straight...wwrrrrring sound from the tread and it FEELS like a truck now. Seriously, I couldn't be happier right now with the ride and the look.

·
Registered
364 Posts
wow...looks amazing

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it almost makes me laugh when I compare them to the stock tires. What a difference....just smile every time I walk out and look at the truck.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks, it almost makes me laugh when I compare them to the stock tires. What a difference....just smile every time I walk out and look at the truck.
it does look super nice. clearance on the front tires ok on the inside?
mite do that same thing to my 450.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have to trim some plastic off the inner fender flare, nothing major.

The speedo is a little off given the size difference but can be adjusted by the dealership. You can plug in stock tires and the new size on the tire size websites and it will tell you the difference before having the dealer adjust the computer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adapters and some minor inner flare/fender plastic trimming. No lift or level...I like the look and how it fills the wheel wells.

·
Registered
444 Posts
How much did it raise the bed for towing? Any clearance problems with a gooseneck or 5th wheel?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Raised the truck 3" and no issues. These trucks sit a little lower than pervious Superduties. It's amazing what 3" does to the stance and feel. At some point I may do a level kit but for now I see no purpose. I've trimmed the front wheel wells and might have to tweak it a little as I haven't driven it much with a lot of bounces. I could see adding a 4" lift would have a huge impact because you'll be adding 6+ inches. This is perfect for me and the wife isn't complaining about getting into the truck...yet :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks Sick! Nice job!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very nice look. I wouldn't mind those wheels and tires. I don't think they would fit without at least a level kit on the narrow front end of the F350. What adaptors are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Can you give us the model rim and where you purchased? I tried to do a search online and can't locate that rim! Thanks! That is one awesome ride!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
American Force Compass Rims - available from several places online. I got these off eBay from a guy in Boston for a really good price.

Tires and adaptors all come with the setup and you can choose which tire combo you want from the websites. So far these tractions S908 aren't bad...on the highway today I have a bit of a vibration but I haven't balanced them yet either. I plan to take them to a truck stop this week and get the true round and get them balanced.

Search for American Force dually rims and you'll get a ton of vendors.

http://4wheelonline.com/AmericanForceCompassWheels.66821 One vendor, good prices. Ebay has a vendor as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would you be interested in selling the factory tires and rims?
Yes, you can PM an offer. I was going to wait and list them on eBay and Craigslist but I'm certainly up for a fair offer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Who said 22s wouldn't fit? American Force has 26" rims on a F450 on their website. There are a couple of 22s with low profile tires. My tire is about 10" wide and the low profile setups on 22s not 22.5s are 12" wide and appear to fit but are at least 1.5" shorter. So I wonder what 22 wouldn't fit?

I actually wanted 22s but these were such a good deal I opted to try them. 22.5" take big rig tires and 22" take LT tires. I suspect the LT tires are a softer ride but I have to say I really like how firm the truck tracks.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts