The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Truck looks great, I love that setup, my previous truck was a Dodge 3500 with the 22.5 Alcoa classics and the Sumi's couldn't have been happier. I had about 70k on the tires when I sold the truck with little wear on them, and they handled a load like it wasn't even there. Don't know what pressures you are running but I had great luck with 60lbs in the fronts and 40lbs in the rears.

Seeing your truck makes me wish I would have got a dually. Enjoy, looks awesome!

Thanks, my first dually. I said the next truck would be one and I couldn't be happier. I had the wheels picked out in my mind before driving off the dealer lot. Told the wife she just had to look past the little wheels and have faith. Even she was amazed at the difference in look and balance. 55PSI in the fronts and 45PSI in the rear...good so far. Tire guy said they are wearing even and no cupping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A lot of guys seem to like the Sumitomo 908's for traction.

Anybody have an opinion about Bridgestone 726 EL tires.

Always liked these on the heavy truck and the 32/32 tread depth seems fit to run a long long time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Zixxer, do the wheels/tires stick out past the dually fender in the rear? If so, by how much? Getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger on this setup!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I tell ya she really looks great with her new shoes :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
They go past about 1-1.5 inches, not very much at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Zixxer, Did your truck have the TPMS? I have a set of 22.5" Alcoas ordered and I am wondering if I am going to have to deal with the TPMS. I have heard that DRW don't have them and have heard that the do...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Luckily you heard right, the drw's don't have the pressure sensors. Not only are they an extra step for swapping out wheels, but seems like people have nothing but problems with them any ways. You basically just learn to ignore the light when it comes on, so there really is not point to them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zixxer,

Any update on this setup? Does your truck have 4.30 rear gears? I just ordered this same setup for my truck. I'm curious how much better driving on the highway is.

Im hoping the taller tire really knock down that gear to a more user friendly setup.

Thanks

41 - 50 of 50 Posts