The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been asked some where on this forum but I will ask again. I ordered a 2020 F250 and have had the VIN# for almost 2 months and yesterday a window sticker was generated. Only date I see is the sticker generated date(8/7/20) but no build date. When I ordered I was told the normal 6 to 8 weeks for delivery but I ordered on 6/18/20 so that statement is false. So can anyone help me figure out the status of my order??? Dealer no big help.. Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
When I was shopping for my truck (mid-June, same time you ordered yours) the dealership told me that anything ordered from the factory was taking about 4 months from order to delivery.
Although it's a different manufacturer, we went through the same thing when my wife and I ordered a new Kia Telluride. We ordered it in mid-February and got it in mid-June. The factories for Ford and Kia (and probably other automakers as well) were shut down for awhile due to the coronavirus stuff. They are just trying to catch up with the backlog of orders now.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is all part of the fun. You order a truck than wait for it to be delivered only to make a visit to the finance guy. This guy is very shifty so be on the lookout for the finance guy. With everything shut down it just made the wait just that much longer. Then the truck comes in and you get excited then reality sits in when you meet the finance guy.
The finance guy is the one selling the truck. The sales man is just the middle man. The finance guy sell you things like protestants for the interior. He will also sell you your extended warranty. Beware of the last one. Some guys swear by them but I bought one once and big wast of money. Haven't had to spend a dime on mine and I am out of warranty.
Not to make light of your situation. I have ordered 2 vehicles a 07 GT500 and a 12 Taurus SHO. I still have both cars. had the ESP on the Taurus/ Never again.
Hope your truck comes in soon.

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
The thing with extended warranties is that you are rolling the dice when you purchase one.

A friend had one on his 2016 F350 and a month before it expired he was saying the same thing, that they were not worth the paper that they are printed on. Then it happened, a $7,000 repair. I am not sure just what went wrong but he did mention that the money that he spent on it was well worth it a short while after he said that they were worthless.

With the new vehicles and all the electronics on them a single part can pay for that warranty if you have it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a f150 from this dealer about 9 months ago so I am aware of the finance guy. I was prepared. I financed through my credit union and I was lucky because I requested a certified check for the "Out the door price" from the salesperson. Finance guy thought I was going to use ford so his paperwork had me right back to MSRP with his add ons. He was stumped when I handed him the check and told him this was what I was paying. I still purchased the warranty but for 400$ instead of the initial 2500$

·
Registered
280 Posts
$400 is a good deal and i would take that. $2500 is a bit much then what was the deductible? What is misunderstood about the ESP is it starts from the day you get the truckl and not when the vehicles warranty runs out. I didn't bother when I got my 07 GT500 because I knew i wasn't going to hit any millage target. I only have 17,000 miles on that car. I got it with my Taurus but it didnt cover the chrome pealing around the taillights I had them peal more than once.I finely had to buy a complete set on my own while still under my ESP.
Some guys do benefit from a ESP but most don't $7,000 would be a hard check to write and after I write that check that truck would be gone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't remember what the deducible was but it didn't change from the 2500$ plan deductible. Let me add, up and walking out before signing anything does have power. I got up and walked out after 15 minutes and the salesperson caught me leaving. Told salesperson I thought the deal was done with him but the ass in finance has me back to up to MSRP so I was out on purchase. When I left with truck I had a better warranty price, tinted windows, floor mats, and half price on ceramic coating. Now I am going to see what type of free stuff will come with the new F250.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me add that this dealer is one of the best I have dealt with. Besides the finance guy, they have bent over back wards to make me happy. They put me in a new truck until my truck shows up.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I am sure this has been asked some where on this forum but I will ask again. I ordered a 2020 F250 and have had the VIN# for almost 2 months and yesterday a window sticker was generated. Only date I see is the sticker generated date(8/7/20) but no build date. When I ordered I was told the normal 6 to 8 weeks for delivery but I ordered on 6/18/20 so that statement is false. So can anyone help me figure out the status of my order??? Dealer no big help.. Thanks
I ordered mine in March, it should be at the dealer tomorrow. :) I know that there has been longer delays on Platinum and Limited models due to a part availability problem. Your sticker will show the released to factory date (start of production) right under where it says "SPECIAL ORDER". The best tracker I have found is https://www.alumizilla.com/vot.php, ignore the errors and warnings. It works well. Based on what you said, you may be at "Scheduled to Week", when the actual off line date is set it will change to "Scheduled to Day". When you see "Released to Plant" you are about 1 week from build usually. This is the fourth Ford I have ordered but I have learned a ton with this one :)

If you are getting a higher end one, I do recommend the ESP. I never used to use them, but when something like the retractable running boards or intelligent cruise control or other electronics fail it can get VERY expensive. I bought it for my 2016 and it has already paid for itself because I blow through the mileage limits pretty quick. In my case the running board on the driver's side stopped working post warranty. Only had to pay the $100 deductible. However, whatever you do, negotiate the price of the ESP, the dealer gets about 100% markup so there is room to negotiate them down quite a bit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i s the price for esp through floodford neogotiable or fixed? I guess if buying a $80k truck has some leverage with dealer

·
Registered
120 Posts
I custom ordered my 2019 F350 also.

I had a written contract signed by me and the dealership with the final "out the door price"

I then put $2k down with my credit card and waited the 5 weeks. Truck came in and they tried some fancy footwork but i slapped that paper on the table and that was that. Shut them up real fast.

Its funny how they seem to forget all the conversations you had weeks prior when it comes to price but can somehow remember the stupid story you told them when you were signing the papers.

I would even advise using a phone to record the conversation with these clowns. Sales is all about greed, never trust a salesman, even if its a family member. hahaha.

Cover your own butt because it will hurt from taking it in the pooper if you don't.

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
Before using a phone to record a conversation be aware of the laws in your state.

Some states both parties need to be aware that the conversation is being recorded, others just one party.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Where have the days gone when a hand shake was a binding contract between buyer and seller?

I know, when CEOs and share holders of these massive companies need to buy newer and larger cabins with 160k wake surf boats. Its sad that everything in our society now is about money and not honesty/integrity.

way off on a rant but buying a new car/truck is such a headache now days its just sad. Oh and don't get me on a rant about the housing market, lol. Thats another time with a 6 pack of schmidts light in my belly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts