The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookng at an 08 Super Duty, but am waiting till after the first of the year. Dodge($5,000) & GM's(just increased to $3,500) rebates are way higher than fords right now. Any chance ford's will go up soon?? It would probably persuade me to buy a new one if their was say $4k in rebates available.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You should get in contact with your local dealer, alot of times there are local incentives in addition to the advertised Ford incentives.

Dave

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You would let $2000 keep you from getting what you really want?

If you work your dealer a little, they will give you the 2 grand.

Mark

·
Registered
62 Posts
reply went to thewrong section

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, because it is a want, not a need, and quite frankly i don't really need to go from current (18-21mpg) to F-350 (13-16mpg) wiht fuel at over $3.50. However i currently have a dodge after being burned on a 03 6.0 and really want a ford again. If their were an additional 2k in rebates available, that may be enough to get me to pull the trigger. I already can purchase a new one for invoice + rebates, i don't think a dealership is gonna sell me one for 2k below invoice, unless you know something i don't!!! Anyone know when the current incentives are good through?? I am guess the end of the year at this point??

·
Registered
185 Posts
One of the chevy dealers about 15 minutes away is offering 1.9% for 72 months on chevy duramaxs, it'd be nice to see ford do the same. The current incentives are through the end of the year. I'm in the same boat as you honda_guy, I want one of these 2008s, but I know ford can and will go better on incentives, plus what would I want a brand new truck in the middle of winter for.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honda_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, because it is a want, not a need</div></div>

Good point. I didn't realize there was a difference!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Mark

·
Registered
529 Posts
I haven't seen 1.9% for 72 months or 48 or 60 months for that matter on 08 Chevy's. I'm a Ford man and want to buy one but would look hard at a Chevy if they had that. I keep waiting for Ford to do something good. I have blown HG's now (my fault not Ford's) and don't want to fix it so am waiting for a good deal.

·
Registered
853 Posts
They have been offering 3K plus 1K owner loyalty forever... I expect low interest and more rebates to come. With the high price of diesel fuel and the reported low MPG's folks are either holding their current diesels like I am or going to gas this time around. I'd rather pocket the 7-9 grand for a diesel and buy a trouble free gas engine that gets the same 10-12mpg...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know what zip code you live in but it has been no more than 2k since they came out in my area. It is currently 1k plus 1k bonus cash. I really think they are gonna have to raise them to keep up w/gm and dodge's incentives (keeping my fingers crossed anyhow).

I have thought the same thing about the gas, but i am a diesel junky, and need the torque for towing. I really would consider buying a gas for a work truck though, like you were saying 7-8k cheaper will make up for a lot of gas mileage difference.

·
Registered
203 Posts
got mine bought 1 month ago with the AQHA discount I recieved 4500 in incentives that is wisconsin.
Jim

·
Registered
853 Posts
Texas has been 3000 plus 1K owner loyalty since August anyway.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you guys are looking for a new truck. You might be in luck with new incentives. Most Ford dealers in these parts sell more trucks in the last week off December then in several weeks put together. An they expect to sell lots off trucks. So we could be in for a last minute incentive boost to get you to buy a truck. Truck sales have been extremely slow this year. So these next several days are critical. Look for ads in this weeekends paper. You might be surpised.

My guess is the new Chevy HDs are a hard sell so better incentives I guess. But even if they had 20 years to pay on them I wouldnt buy one. There looks turn me off. Stay tuned guys the best days to deal are coming. With the way the economy is an the housing market you should be able to deal with the dealer a lot easier then the past.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks will keep an eye out!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Today is probably the day to look for the adds. Saturday is always when the big auto dealers advertise. But dont count on anything that you see in the paper. When you start making the deal. Anything goes. Throw out a deal to your dealer he just might accept especially with inventory on hand. Remeber 2008 is several days away so everything is a year older an cheaper. Traditionally January,February are slowest months off the year in auto sales so thats why dealers love to move inventory before the first off the year. To make up for those slow months. I will look at the papers today an let you guys know anything.

BTW a Chevy dealer had this add. Take a $1,000 off the new truck an give you a $1,000 more for your used truck for any new truck in stock. That was yesterday. Yes its crunch time. Watch the papers everyday. Listen to the adds on TV an radio. The main goal is to get you in the door. So anything goes now. Good Luck guys. Keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lightningfast01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Texas has been 3000 plus 1K owner loyalty since August anyway. </div></div>

That is only for Regular and Super Cabs, not Crews.

Mark

·
Registered
244 Posts
Havent seen anything drastic yet from the Ford dealers around here. But its not the end off the year yet. Depends on how sales go this next week especially on Wensdday through Saturday. If sales are slow expect some last minute incentives that you wont here about until the last minute. Most people like myself are procrastianors an put buying anything until the last minute an dealers know that. Keep your eyes pealed to the paper as well as radio an TV you never know what might pop up.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Regardless of the rebates you can walk in and get ten grand off any crew cab on the lot. Looked now and they are listing 3 grand in rebates 1000 three times in various rebates, retail cash, customer cash, Ford credit retail bonus cash. That was for crew cabs, they will bend over to get any of them off the lot these days. Four grand for regular and super cabs.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts