The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to let you know that I've been working on some formatting changes for the website. I've optimized and cleaned up all the HTML code on the site. The changes are subtle, but I think they help the site out as far as looks and speed go. For you techies, the pages were originally in one big table. That is still true to some extent, but many sections are now broken up into their own tables for faster rendering. All the sections are also commented for easier debugging and modification. The site is built of many different templates and include files for easy modification.

If you notice anything strange in the next couple of hours, it's probably just me working out the bugs.

This will be revision 2 of the website (the first one occurred in April 1999). In the coming weeks, we'll also be making changes to the menu and the forum displays. These upcoming changes will hopefully make the site a little more "sticky" and easier to navigate. I feel that many of the forum users miss out on the other parts of the website. Stay tuned for more ...

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4
Black/Tan 4.10LS Fully-Loaded

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just finished updating all the code for the new web page formatting. Let me know what you think or if you have problems by posting in the forums. If all goes well, we'll be updating the site navigation menu and the forums in the coming weeks.

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4
Black/Tan 4.10LS Fully-Loaded

·
Registered
778 Posts
Looks good. Only complaint I have is the font of the text in the menu. I liked the old one better. the menu is a lot easier to find. good job

------------------
perk
'85 F350 4x4 T-19 3.55

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it takes less disk space, keep it. If it doesn't matter, go back to the old one... it was easier to read quickly to get where one wanted to go.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I like the new look and the menu on the left, but it seems to load slower..could you include the link menu on the bottom of the page in little words instead of on the left?
Great site all around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts