The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new tires and went with the OEM size LT265/75R16, had LT285/75R16 previously. On my trip back home I decided to check my speedometer with Google Maps GPS and was surprised to see that at 60 MPH on the Speedometer the GPS said 57MPH.

I read somewhere in an old conversation that ForScan could fix this with the "Extended License" as of 2018. I looked at their downloads and it only shows the "Extended License" available in Windows. I don't have a Windows computer, I have Android Phone and Linux Laptop. Does anyone here know if fixing the speedometer can be done in their Android version in 2022?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm not of a lot of help, but check the Forscan website and forums. some VERY knowledgeable users over there. I know I can do it with my windows laptop

On a side note, How do you like going back to stock size? I am about to buy new tires for my 2002 and I have 285 and was considering going back to the factory 265 as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main reason for returning to stock is for tire tread warranty. I only got 27K miles on my 50k warranty Toyo's and they were busting my balls on the fact they were not factory size. I changed to Cooper LT AT3 with 60K warranty.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The main reason for returning to stock is for tire tread warranty. I only got 27K miles on my 50k warranty Toyo's and they were busting my balls on the fact they were not factory size. I changed to Cooper LT AT3 with 60K warranty.
What? They sold them to you, I assume. Do I even want to know the tire store? Your larger tires will last LONGER due to more tire, and fewer rotations per mile.

My truck came with 18x12's with 33 inch tires on them. I hated it. I went to 285/75 Copper LT2 and couldn't be happier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts