The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you’ve done any mods, what’s you favorite mod/adjustment to your 2017+ 6.7?
Just getting into this and know of a few items I want to change tight off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I’ve got a 14....added at few blinks to my turn signal ‘quick flash’ and added the screen that shows the particulate filter percent. I run my tires slightly lower than the 85psi when not towing and got tired of the low tire pressure warning so adjusted the rear tire setting to correspond to my actual pressure.

I was just in the computer yesterday to read a code that popped up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
dark mode (no lights when locking or opening doors).
key in ignition noise delete
key in ignition to start noise delete
seat belt reminder delete
daytime running lights delete
Tire pressure monitor lower threshold values

and the flat ability to scan all the modules, priceless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone has a Forscan spreadsheet for 2020-2021 F-350 6.7, can you please post it or pass it along to me.
Greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I am new to the current model of Super Duty. I bought a 2019 F350 a year ago thanksgiving weekend.
FORScan???? What is this and where can I learn about it?

·
Registered
539 Posts
FORScan lets you retrieve and clear codes when you get a check engine light, but more often people use it to make changes to the software that is running in the various modules in the truck.

Some of the most common modifications made:
Bambi Mode - keeps the fog lights and low beams on whenever you turn on the high beams
Disable double honk - eliminates the double honk when you close the door with the engine running and the key fob not in the truck
Add numerical gauge indication - displays the actual engine temperature above the sweep gauge on the dash
Modify fuel tank capacity - if you replace the factory tank with a larger tank (like the bigger Titan tank), you can reprogram the fuel capacity so that the calculated miles remaining of fuel is accurate
DPF regen - displays percent full DPF so you know when a regen will occur

There are more things you can do, but those are some of the most common. The software is free. All you need to do is buy the correct OBD-II adapter so that you can connect to the tuck.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
FORScan lets you retrieve and clear codes when you get a check engine light, but more often people use it to make changes to the software that is running in the various modules in the truck.

Some of the most common modifications made:
Bambi Mode - keeps the fog lights and low beams on whenever you turn on the high beams
Disable double honk - eliminates the double honk when you close the door with the engine running and the key fob not in the truck
Add numerical gauge indication - displays the actual engine temperature above the sweep gauge on the dash
Modify fuel tank capacity - if you replace the factory tank with a larger tank (like the bigger Titan tank), you can reprogram the fuel capacity so that the calculated miles remaining of fuel is accurate
DPF regen - displays percent full DPF so you know when a regen will occur

There are more things you can do, but those are some of the most common. The software is free. All you need to do is buy the correct OBD-II adapter so that you can connect to the tuck.

This is great, thanks.
I have been wondering about the Bambi Mode. When I set this up on my Excursion there was some wiring involved.
I have a OBDII adapter that I use for Torque Pro. The OBDII monitoring software. So I may be good to go.
I will look around the internet for it.
Thanks for the feed back.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
This is great, thanks.
I have been wondering about the Bambi Mode. When I set this up on my Excursion there was some wiring involved.
I have a OBDII adapter that I use for Torque Pro. The OBDII monitoring software. So I may be good to go.
I will look around the internet for it.
Thanks for the feed back.

Look at this chart. It says that to do configuration and programming, you will need the FORScan extended license. Comparsion of FORScan applications

You can get the FORScan extended license for free for two months trial. Download FORScan

If you want it for longer than that, then it is available for one year for $10 MyCommerce Online Store

three years for $20 MyCommerce Online Store

five years for $30 MyCommerce Online Store

lifelong for $50 MyCommerce Online Store

Your OBDII adapter may work. If not, then the FORScan OBDII adapter is easily available from any of the usual sources.

Reactions: Matt0987

·
Registered
377 Posts
I got the one that was recommended from the Forscan site. I havent done anything to my truck YET. Having trouble finding instructions. I bought the subscription so I could do more. I just don't really understand what I am doing. I need to watch a couple more videos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We were successful in writing;
Bambi Mode - ENABLED
Double Honk w/o key - DISABLED
Coolant and Trans temp numbers added above gauges
Heated/Cooled seat & heated steering wheel buttons added to home screen

I'm happy.😁

·
Registered
676 Posts
Double Honk w/o key - DISABLED
I am afraid of what I might want to change once I see all the options, but in reality, if I could get rid of this double honk, I would be a happy camper!!

Is FORscan required for this or are there other options? Or maybe, what is the most economical way of getting rid of this double honk?

·
Registered
539 Posts
There is not all that much that you can really change, or at least would want to change.

FORScan is the only software that I know of that can reprogram the modules. I'm sure dealerships have the capability but would probably not want to do it, not to mention the dealer charge would be much higher than just buying the OBD-II adapter and doing it yourself. FORScan is free to download and you can use the trial version to make the changes without having to buy any software upgrades.

The most economical way to disable the double honk is to simply disconnect the wiring from the horn. Outside of that, post your location and maybe someone in your area has the software and adapter and might be willing to do it for you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
It seems the adapter isn't crazy expensive if I am looking at the correct stuff. But I do believe I recall that there are many out there and some work better than others.

That being said, is there one that can run off your phone (Android) do make some of these minor module changes? I do have a laptop of necessary, but sure would be nice to have it on my phone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the adapters for phones since I use a laptop. Usually you need an adapter with a switch so you can change between the 2 bus protocols, but I have an adapter that does it automatically and does not use a switch. The ads for the adapters usually will prominently say if they are compatible with FORScan.

The FORScan forum is a great place to get information. From what I see in this link: ELM327-compatible adapters - how to choose - FORScan forum , it looks like the phone adapters are only capable of diagnostics and cannot perform the higher level functions required for programming the various modules.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'll do some reading. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts