The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made several new changes to the forums. Some of you may or may not like them:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Added several new topical forums for 1999-Up Super Duty trucks. This should reduce the traffic levels on each individual forum
<LI>Archived the old 1999-Up and 1994-97 forums. You can read them now, but not post new messages or reply to existing ones.
<LI>Updated the forum software.
<LI>Removed "Junior Members" title. When you post, the software now displays how long you've been registered and how many posts you have made
<LI>Hot topics (with more than 25 replies) will now have a flaming folder
<LI>You can now reply to an individual's message and quote that message in your reply. There is a new icon available for this in their message (beside the ones to e-mail the person, see their profile, etc)
<LI>More smilies available
<LI>By popular request, SmokeyWren is now a moderator

<LI>Few other small changes
[/list]

As always, reply to this message and let us know what you think. Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

G

·
0 Posts
I have been in withdrawl all evening! great job I like it. five stars gotta go check out the rest of the new site and the new smilies!

------------------
1997 F-250HD,E40D,4.10LS,look here Remember to send your donation to www.ford-diesel.com Quack quack QUACK quackQUACK

·
Registered
985 Posts
I DO NOT LIKE IT! Way too complicated, at least too me, a huge turn off. Keep it simple!

RMW

added in edit...Glad to see SmokeyWren as a moderator! Long over due.

[This message has been edited by Rick Woodrow (edited 12-26-1999).]

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like the idea of being able to readily see which part of the country everyone is from.

Can't see anything for me to dislike. Keep up the good work you guys. Can't please all the people all the time....

------------------
95 F250SC PSD, XLT, 4X4,5SP, 4.10's, Rhino liner, 27 Sierra 5th

·
Registered
163 Posts
So far, I think it looks really good! Seems to be less confusing and hopefully it will help people stay more focused on the specific topics. Thumbs up for SmokeyWren. Great job Jason.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well the change is a bit more cumbersome to get around. Now I have to read 4 or more columns on the 99 and up instead of one. Hopefully this will help focus discussions in the future. I'll give it some time to get use to.

------------------
99 F250 XLT 4x4 SC SWR SWB Auto 3.73 50/100 Superchip A-pillar/3 gauges camper/TT package SnugTop CabHi Cap K&N filter Fumoto drain valve, 9/98 build date

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think the forum for discussion of gas engines should be eliminated.

------------------
99.5 PSD CC Lariat 4X4 LS 4R100 SB

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't have to read the gas forum. Wouldn't you rather them post there than to clog up the diesel specific ones? I don't expect much traffic there.

I posted a new survey on the main page .. let me know what you think about the new changes.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
730 Posts
Great Job Jason! Thanks!

------------------
2000 F250 SD CC 172" WB 4x4 Lariat,Dp Wdgwood Blue/Harvest Gold, PSD, 6SP, ESOF, LS, Capt Chairs, etc.
Added BedRug, ISSPRO Pyro/Boost Gauges, A-Pillar Mount, Ford Fog Lights.
Ordered: 7/26/99, Built 9/21, Shipped via rail 9/29, At the Ramp 10/7, At dealer 10/14, at Home 10/15!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes, it is a little more cumbersome to "wander through". You have to wander through more places if you are just looking around. BUT, it will make it a lot easier to find specific info without sifting through a lot of stuff you're not interested in. I think once we all get used to it, it will be very easy and familiar. As the site gets bigger and more complex, Jason has to do whatever makes it easier for he and the moderators to run. I think that this is a good thing in the long run. Keep up the (hard) good work guys!
Bruce

(had to try the new smilies!)

------------------
Just my opinion, there are others

'99 F350, CC, SRW, LB, 2WD, Hunter Green/Silver

[This message has been edited by GreenMonster (edited 12-26-1999).]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice Job!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Initially I like the changes. Give me a week to get used to it first. I admire Jason for trying to contiually improve this site. We are lucky to have it as a resource. My check will be in the mail shortly and I hope everyone else who is a regular user will make a New Years resolution to do the same!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Super job, Jason.
I like it because I think it will be eaiser to find specific info. I do a lot of searching for info and now I can just search one or forums and it should be faster.
Great site!!!!!!!

------------------
99 F350 XLT,SC,DRW,4x2,3.73 Auto,
Born 4/98,

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I'm always one for trying out new gizzmos and such. I like it and I also like the inclusion of the gasser boyz. Doesn't both me to have to surf a few more columns. After all, I have nothing better to do than work and surf until spring.

------------------
Troutly
FORMER: 99 V-10 & 99.5 PSD (great trucks!). ORDERED: Y2K Excursion Limited 4x4 PSD with all the goodies. I hate winter...I hate winter...I hate winter...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jason... My sincere thanks for establishing a forum for the gasoline engine.
Because of this uniquely excellent website, my knowledge of trucks in general, and Ford Super Duties in particular, has increased exponentially over the past few months. The information will serve me well when I take possesssion of my new truck in a few weeks.

I think this change will be good for Ford-Diesel.com. It will secure its position as the absolute best source of information on Ford trucks. I also believe it will help ensure its financial stability.

May it long serve those who choose the Ford make, and may it always encourage Ford Motor Company to improve its products. All my best for the coming year.

(This message repeated in gas engine forum.)

------------------
2000 F350SD, V10, 5-Spd Manual, 3.73LS, 4x4, CC, SWB, SRW, White/Graphite XLT, Camper/Trailer Pkgs. Ordered 10/22/99. Locked w/ build date of 12/30/99.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Jason, I was all set earlier tonight to send you message like Rick's about how I dislike the changes you've made.
However, unlike my normal self,
I refrained from going with my initial feelings and proceeded to "surf Ford-Diesel.com" for the last few hours. I'm pleased to inform you that I now approve.
(Like that's gonna give you a warm fuzzy...
) Anyway, great job. Enjoy your sight...

Reloader

P.S. Leave the Gassers in....

------------------
99.5 F250 HD XLT SC,LWB,Black/Silver,4X2,PSD,4R100,3.73LS, driven by an NRA Gun Nut. Considered armed and dangerous, and LEGAL.
My X-Mas Check to F-D.Com is in the mail... Is yours???

[This message has been edited by reloader (edited 12-27-1999).]

[This message has been edited by reloader (edited 12-27-1999).]

·
Registered
854 Posts
I like the way it's been segmented. It will make it a more useful tool for those of us who use it for that reason.

------------------
Y2K F-350 Lariat SC SRW, 4X4, Woodland Grn, auto, 3.73 axle, 4" exhaust, K&N filter, Camper Pkg, trailer-tow, Reese Class V hitch, pwr tele TT mirrors, X-Treme bedliner.

[This message has been edited by Mark Hilliard (edited 12-27-1999).]

·
Registered
417 Posts
Finally a gas engine section! What a great way to enhance a predominately diesel site.
The jury is still out on the other changes.......
Where's the Over Zealous, Pro-Life, Anti-Gun, and 2nd Amendment sections???

James_F, Reloader...We gassers got our foot in the door now !!! A couple of more donations and it will be "Ford-Gasser.Com"

------------------
1999 F250 CC, LWB, 3.73, 4x4, Auto, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR, K&N , Flowmaster Delta 40 , Superchip, Lund Elite tonneau, 5.4L Gasser-Sorry guys, I won't pretend to know a da** thing about the PSD.www.angelfire.com/pa3/spaceace/index.html

[This message has been edited by spaceace (edited 12-27-1999).]

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think this site is progressing quite well. Sure it will take some getting used to, but there's nothing that is all that complicated. With the large number of posts being generated each day, this will be much easier to sift through the ones that are of primary interest. Glad to see SmokeyWren move up in the world(YES, YES, YES!!).

------------------
99.5 F350 PSD CC DRW red clear coat, all the toys and still stock
Hatched May '99

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think it will save me time. I think it will reduce the fact that ya have to do a search. I like it. Change is a good thing and I think it will be a change for the better. Good work.
I hope to see more positive talk in here on the SD's. Mine has not given me a lick of trouble. If I keep driving it the way it was ment to be driven I think it will be just fine.
Keep up the good work in the up and coming new year.
Rooster

------------------
F-350 PSD,XLT,4R100
Add on's so far-13,000 Lbs hitch, 8' WESTERN PRO-PLOW. THINK SNOW.
Changed my order from a V-10 to a PSD, and glad I did!!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts