The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, when I try to type too fast I'll get a word or two wrong and with the forums software it will give me a indication with a wavy line under the misspelled word.

However if I continue on that wavy line will disappear and then I have to go back to find the misspelled word by myself to correct it.

I like to get my spelling correct or else the spelling police might show up and berate me about my spelling. Is there anyway that the software could be changed to where that wavy line will stay with my post until I go back to correct it?

·
Super Moderator
25,337 Posts
Prepare to be berated. ;)

I hadn't nodiced what you were observing, but it doesn't sound like it should work that way.

·
Premium Member
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The forum will tell you that you have spelt a word wroknn with the wavy line if you are typing a response on a computer but if you are using a phone I think that it will just leave it wrong.

You will see in the two attachments where the wavy line is in the first one but gone in the second one. As I type this it is coming and going and at one time it was just a dashed line under the misspelled word.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I like to get my spelling correct or else the spelling police might show up and berate me about my spelling.
I don’t think I have misspelled “gauge” since I was brow beaten by Kevin 🤣. That’s OK I enjoy learning😀

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I see this spell check behavior in other places not just here. I also experience instances where spell check will underline the entire reply with the red wavy line.

Spell checking is done on the user's side - in your web browser. But I can't help but think there isn't something going on with the editors being used in forums for example that may be causing this or perhaps it's something with the user's device or computer. It does not happen all the time but frequently enough to say something is misbehaving.

·
Premium Member
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am on a number of other forums and the ones that are not using this format the wavy line or indication that I have a misspelled word stay there until I come back and fix it. Only on this format does it disappear, so I don't believe that it is on my end..

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
No. I'm not saying that. It's likely something with the program/code for the editor for the forum that is causing errors in the spell check in your web browser. I believe XenForo uses or once did use Froala WYSIWYG HTML editor that has had spell check issues in the past. I can't be sure as I do not use XenForo for my forums. As I was typing this post the entire p
ost was underlined.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts