The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some time to compare the OEM shocks to Fox 2.0s. This was kind of fun and interesting:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I saw on one of your other videos that you put Rancho's on that truck.
What do you like better?
Fox or Rancho?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw on one of your other videos that you put Rancho's on that truck.
What do you like better?
Fox or Rancho?
That's a great question. I actually really liked the Rancho 9000s but they didn't last very long. I was replacing them at 30,000 miles. The jury is out on how long these will last but I like that they are rebuildable and the aluminum bodies won't rust.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Fair enough.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have over 25k on mine. They have been flawless and the selling point for me is they are rebuildable. Can I tell a huge difference in ride quality yes I can. And I have 6" loft and 37s.

Great video by the way!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have over 25k on mine. They have been flawless and the selling point for me is they are rebuildable. Can I tell a huge difference in ride quality yes I can. And I have 6" loft and 37s.

Great video by the way!!

Thanks. I texted a buddy just tonight who bought shocks the same time as me and I told him how happy I am with the Fox's. I mean, they're just shocks but it's so nice when the truck rolls so smoothly down roads that were a pain before. Two thousand miles and some severe testing over speed bumps and they're working great. I hope to get 30-40 thousand miles before a rebuild is necessary.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I plan to swap my OEM "ranchos" asap. I always have. On my 2009 when I swapped the "ranchos" for Kings at 2000 miles, 2 of the OEM wouldnt expand after I took em off. Since then, Ive always replaced asap and noticed a big diff.

Doesn't have to be King, but anything that WORKS well, will certainly absorb the bumps and keep you straight.

I will probably try these Fox 2.0, this one is a Dually, so can't find a 2017 Fox PN for the rear, but I assume its the same for 2009-2017 like the rest of the suspension .

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan to swap my OEM "ranchos" asap. I always have. On my 2009 when I swapped the "ranchos" for Kings at 2000 miles, 2 of the OEM wouldnt expand after I took em off. Since then, Ive always replaced asap and noticed a big diff.

Doesn't have to be King, but anything that WORKS well, will certainly absorb the bumps and keep you straight.

I will probably try these Fox 2.0, this one is a Dually, so can't find a 2017 Fox PN for the rear, but I assume its the same for 2009-2017 like the rest of the suspension .
The shock will be the same but the rear lower bushings and sleeves are different on the 2017. The bolts are larger on the SRW 2017's so I assume they're the same for the duallys as well. You just want to ask about it until you get someone who knows the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts