The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am back at the computer after awhile because of being very busy - thats a good thing! :yesnod:

Anyway, my mechanic friend that I took the truck to, thought I was nuts and actually laughed at me when I told him to tighten the two bolts near hood hinges. Told him I found this thread on a Diesel Forum and that this will probably fix my noise issue. He said: "that won't fix it"

He was looking at everything under the truck once he drove it to hear that noise. He didn't have to go far to hear it, as we all know :icon_rolleyes:

So, he went ahead and tightened them, and "Lo & Behold" I too can now join the club of all of the happy campers with no more noise - Can' figure out what the h$%@ is going on :headbang: and thinking the truck is Breaking.

Great find IStock51 - you da man! :bowdown:
and thank you for bringing this thread back around. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread.... but....

For those of you that replaced the buffer, what did you use?

Is there a part number or did you just template and cut something for it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah... and if you look theres a buffer between the two parts you're bolting together and some of the responders mentioned replacing them because they were warn out or missing half.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Roger that Bgold, What did you guys end up using for a replacement spacer/bushing?

love these types of threads, I figured out my popping noise awhile ago just have not figured out what material to replace the bushing with.
suggestions so we can complete this incredibly helpful thread ?:thumbsup:

J

·
0 Posts
I've been having this clunk/thud sound on right turns. Where do I find these bolts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help! I have a 1996 heavy duty f250. I have this same demon clunking coming from my front left. I Can almost feel it through the floor. I rebuilt the whole front end, bushings and all trying to root out the noise.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts