The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a 92 f350 idi..... I swear it's cursed lol had a valve become stuck letting the exhaust come out the intake so pulled the intake after making sure the valve was free and found 3 lifters that had collapsed, replaced all lifters and pushrods, also replaced water pump and thermostat housing while I had it apart. Got everything back together and decided to change the oil before start when I pulled the drain plug it had quite a bit of water in the oil pan...... I let it all drain out then filled the radiator, checked drain plug again, had more water in it.......still haven't started the truck.... I wasn't able to get a new valley pan as oreillys said they were discountinued.... it wasn't doing all this before I pulled the intake...... I've also read the oil cooler can go bad causing water in oil pan.....so how can I tell if it's intake gasket head gasket cavitation or oil cooler

·
Registered
238 Posts
You mentioned replacing the water pump. The top two and bottom two bolts have to have thread sealant applied, did you do this? If not, you likely need to go back and seal them. These 4 bolts provide a direct path from the water pump to the interior of the block.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
No I didn't use rtv on those 4 bolts but I sure hope u are right. About to go do that right now....... would this cause water to make it to the oil pan without the truck running?
It can. Hopefully sealing them will fix the issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts