The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys using any fuel "tonics" in your tanks? I have used them in my 7.3 IDI's but I am weary of doing so in my BRAND NEW 2005 6.0.

Anybody know Ford's position on this subject? I have heard Ford does not endorse any additives for the 2005 6.0's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have read where some of the guys here use the Standyne (sp) fuel product. It is on the approved list from Ford.

Bill

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I occasionally run Stanadyne, it is "aproved" by ford, but not recommended /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. In my ex-Excursion at times I noticed a "little" difference, but I think that it had to do with fixing a "bad" tank of fuel. Fuel stations have various "grades" of diesel around here, so I may have had a batch of 40 centane fuel and then I added Stanadyne I filled up with a better running 44 centane fuel?

Who knows, I use it occasionally for piece of mind and the fact that most stations don't reformulate for winter here and I am afraid of getting an ice block in my tank when I drive up north.

In my F250 I've only run it a couple of times and so far I have noticed no difference.

·
Registered
796 Posts
<font color="blue"> I've been using the Amsoil Cetane Boost in a truck for a little while, it's a little quiter and I swear that the EGT's are lower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif </font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts