The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel bowl drain O-rings must have been shot because they started GUSHING diesel fuel on Thursday. So friday I grabbed the o-rings I ordered from dieseloring and set out to install them. It was a piece of cake... except for dropping tools into the intake valley. But I managed.

The bowl drain screws came out with considerable care because of the tight space. After all 4 were out, the drain assembly came off. Those o-rings were trashed. Too much homemade biodiesel I guess. The directions from that o-ring supplier couldn't have been clearer. I was able to get it apart and back together in short order. No more fuel gushing. :thumbsup:

I opted for the mil-spec o-rings that are blue and supposedly more resistant to biodiesel than others. I should have done this 2 months ago.

Oh well. Its done now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would also recommend purchasing the fuel return valve assembly ($60 at diesel o rings site) when performing this operation. Our trucks are getting to the 10 year-old mark and replacing those parts in the kit is beneficial to the fuel system. I also second using the premium blue o rings as they are superior and the extra cost is very low.

This is my opinion based on personal experience. Thanks for reading and have a great day all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts