The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fuel bowl heater you would use..
Started popping fuse in engine fuse box today.
I figured out it was the heater element in the fuse bowl..
what would you replace it with.
It appears to be a simple fix, but I might be wrong with my extra large hands...

Thank you in advance for your reply...
Sam

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention it is a disk with a single wire that appears to have lost a weld point...

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
Just leave it disconnected, even in a cold climate you should be alright.

If you do want to replace it just use the newer ones from Ford or you can get the new and improved one from Diesel O Rings. To remove it I believe that it takes a 7/8" crows foot wrench and the threads on the stand pipe are left handed

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just leave it disconnected, even in a cold climate you should be alright.

If you do want to replace it just use the newer ones from Ford or you can get the new and improved one from Diesel O Rings. To remove it I believe that it takes a 7/8" crows foot wrench and the threads on the stand pipe are left handed

K, got it, leave it alone, buy beer, go fishing... thanks...

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
I should also say that when I started to have problems with mine it was the thermister where the wire goes from the outside of the housing to the inside. The actual heater was fine.

·
Super Moderator
25,171 Posts
Here's some info on the fuel heater and how I fixed mine.
Shorted Fuel Heater Fixed
At the bottom of that post is a link to my photo album that shows the PN for a replacement from International.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Those damn things are funny. I've yet to have trouble with the one in my pickup. But, the son had a '96 for a few years and we had to disconnect that one as it was popping the fuse.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah, I pulled the plug on the fuel bowl heater of my '96 a few years ago and removed the elements from the fuel bowl. It was still working, but I had no need for it and wanted to avoid a common problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts