The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the metal base on the bottom of the fuel filter twist clockwise or counter clockwise to LOOSEN the base? I cant remember? The round disk to turn and remove water had been removed and a bolt inserted that probably has a washer on the inside to seal the bolt in its place and not leak fuel. I have removed the filter from the housing stand but need to remove the metal bottom from the filter?

Thanks in advance for any help?

Remote95

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lefty loosey, righty tighty. You might have to get rough with it. I've seen some that were really tight. Cussed the gorrila that put it on too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a ratchet strap around a few of em with anything I can find for spacers for strap then you really put the heavy to it for getting bottom cap off.
For some reason these almost always suck down tight tight unless they're greased have dealt with this crap in our shop dozens of times don't be afraid to get creative and if you want a napa part number for filter without that crap let me know and I'll post it just be sure to buy fuel at a good quality location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts