The Diesel Stop banner

181 - 200 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, I found this post because I have the fuel smell and a drip off of the engine. This is my step-dads truck. He had the leak appear last year about this time and it sealed up after a few hours and he hasn't seen it since then. That is what prompted me to start looking for a solution I changed the o-rings out this evening. Has anyone continued to have a drip after the fact, possibly from residual fuel on the valley still dripping down?

My drip is coming off of the dust cover. There is a little dimple on the very center of the dust cover that it seems like it is dripping out from.

I have fuel all over the valley and then this drip. Does this sound like the same issue? Have others had this drip from the same location? I think I read all but one page of this post. I probably skipped the page that says if your drip is off of the dust cover it is a different issue!

My next course of action is to check/change the WIF sensor o-rings.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great post. I'll be changing out the o-rings when I replace the fuel filter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
fuel filter seperator drain o ring replacement

just got two new sets off ebay for a total of $4 with shipping got to me in less than a week their viton and their suppose to stand up to just about anything

·
Registered
246 Posts
Anyone have a set they want to sell me for cheap? I was thinking about changing my fuel filter so I might as well do this at the same time.

·
Registered
843 Posts
With nice weather yesterday, I finally got around to doing this o-ring fix [fortunately, hadn't needed the truck recently ....]. As noted, the process is straightforward, but the space is so cramped that its a pain in the arse to unscrew the T20 torx screws and remove the valve. I couldn't find a 1/4 drive T20 socket closeby, so I ended up using one of those cheap 90 degree angled T20 key [like a hex key]. I don't have real big hands, but it was tough to fit back in there, especially spread-eagled over th engine and reaching down behind the filter. Ended up dropping the key, and one of T20 screws, down into the valley multiple times [requiring a second trip to the local Advance Auto for one of those flexible recovery grippers]. Ended up taking a couple hours, what with the trips to Advance, so be prepared. I had previously installed a drain line on the purge outlet, so I avoided any more diesel mess. As expected, this fixed the leak!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow good reading here.... just turned 103K on the odometer and saw a fuel leak. Glad to see the exact problem explained here. I went to smallparts.com and ordered the following:

ORV-202
1/4
1/2
1/8
-
$2.20

bag of ten.... 2.20 + 4.19 for shipping to AZ.

Will post up pictures of install when the o-rings get here!

Thanks a bunch for the sticky!

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
been a while since ive been here,...glad its helped a bunch of people

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have phillips head screws on my valve.

I have phillips head screws on my drain valve. I don't see where anyone else does. I have a 96. The number 20 torq bit didn't fit lol.

·
Super Moderator
25,636 Posts
I have phillips head screws on my drain valve. I don't see where anyone else does. I have a 96. The number 20 torq bit didn't fit lol.
Maybe someone replaced them. The 94-97 fuel bowl I messed with had torx head screws. :shrug03:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
most likely they are metric...most of my hpop and fuel bowl bolts were.
I droped one of my thermostat bolts when i added a 203 t-stat.. disapeared into no mans land..i just added another from the local store..ended up swaping all of them since the other two now had a different size head...

·
Registered
18 Posts
fuel filter o-rings

Thanks 4 all the o-ring help. I changed my 99 -- 7.3. easy job because of everyone.
i bought 100 viton o-rings to get a good price. if anyone needs them, i can send them for $2.00 each. send a self addressed stamped envlope and $2.00 each for as many as you need. again THANKS to everyone, hope i can payback favor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks!

well,...mine started leaking last week....noticed the raw fuel smell and diesel on my front axle....

went to ford and they wanted close to $40 for a "kit"...so i searced around locally and found some 1/2"od x 1/4"id x 1/8" thick orings from a place called filter services in se portland....payed $.30 for both...

..........done!!
Thanks SOOOO much, not as easy to get to on a Quigley E350, but that fixed it.
-mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does Any One Know Which Way The Little Yellow Handle Face In The Off Position, (fuel Filter Drain Valve )on The 2000 F350 7.3 Litre? Mine Is Stopped Up And No Fuel Is Draining From Either Position. Thank You

·
Premium Member
9,062 Posts
Does Any One Know Which Way The Little Yellow Handle Face In The Off Position, (fuel Filter Drain Valve )on The 2000 F350 7.3 Litre? Mine Is Stopped Up And No Fuel Is Draining From Either Position. Thank You
I'm not sure on your 2000 but it should point to the passenger side to drain. If it doesn't even with the lid cracked open try it with the engine running.

Jim

181 - 200 of 229 Posts