The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's one I haven't heard of before. We returned from a trip up north yesterday, I decided to fill the truck this morning and the gauge shows 1/2 tank so I tried to fill it but there was fuel in the filler neck. I don't know how it could have fuel in the filler neck with only a half tank. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
628 Posts
Do you have a stock bed or aftermarket (flatbed / Koenig bed)? I have had issues with the filler neck on my flatbeds as the angles are wrong. It is also theoretically possible that your anti siphon ball is stuck, your vent tube is clogged (mud dauber?) Or you built pressure in the tank forcing fuel up the vent tube....
These are all of course hypothetical.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a stock bed and tank. The odd thing is i just fueled it with up no problem, before we took it up north. I refueled it today and it did the same thing. i crawled under the truck and squeezed the fill tube and it burped and then let the fuel drain into the tank. I think the anti siphon ball may have been stuck. thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts