The Diesel Stop banner

101 - 120 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you can, save yourself some money and get the kit through International. IIRC my spring kit was $24+/-

It doesnt come with a new regulator cover, but unless yours is damaged, you dont need a new one anyway.

I agree - I didnt even use the new cover - I could of bought a 30 pack with the extra money I spent on it :icon_wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
what are the torque specs for the T27 bolts? also does anyone know the torque specs for the 6.4L banjo bolt upgrade (using composite washers)??

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Just snug up the T27's. Don't over tighten or they'll snap then you'll probably need to replace the upper filter assembly. The keyhole washer will keep it from leaking.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I also used a little
on the bolts...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed this kit a few days ago as an insurance policy more than anything, but I cannot believe the difference in throttle response! Jesus it makes me wonder how low my fuel pressure was before the blue spring upgrade?? Definitely a great upgrade and pretty simple to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can someone tell me what the "banjo bolt upgrade" is and what it does, as well as where it would install??? I am working on the blue spring upgrade. I am trying to get my international dealership to sell me the spring kit at a price of $24 or so, but it is a B**ch to get them to sell you anything they think might go in a PSD. Might do the banjo too if its worth it or something that needs to be done. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered my fuel filter regulator valve kit through an International dealer in NY. (my local dealer, 5 mins away didn't have one in stock) I hope the part #1854267c94 is correct. The part is $25.00 plus shipping. He said I should have it tomorrow. If anyone needs the number it is (845)562-0691. My local Ford dealer told me very few Ford dealers keep these kits in stock. Their price is $58.17 and it usually takes two days if they don't backorder you.

I'm a novice mechanic but I love doing things to this truck. I'll let you know how the install went with my limited abilities. Thanks for the info. and instructions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just ordered my fuel filter regulator valve kit through an International dealer in NY. (my local dealer, 5 mins away didn't have one in stock) I hope the part #1854267c94 is correct. The part is $25.00 plus shipping. He said I should have it tomorrow. If anyone needs the number it is (845)562-0691. My local Ford dealer told me very few Ford dealers keep these kits in stock. Their price is $58.17 and it usually takes two days if they don't backorder you.

I'm a novice mechanic but I love doing things to this truck. I'll let you know how the install went with my limited abilities. Thanks for the info. and instructions.

I got two different part numbers off this thread, one was for the kit through international, the other was for just the spring kit with no cover through Ford. However, after the fact I found out that Both kits, not only do not contain the cover (which you really dont need) but dont contain the spring either. I hope your kit has it and this is not the case, but the spring kit and part number that i found on here, from ford, I took to them and it was just a seal kit. NO spring. and I think it was right at $58 or so. Just an FYI out there. I just about ordered this kit from Ford and had to pay up front for it. Luckily they had one in stock and we tore it open to find out it had no spring in it. I ended up ordering mine from Tousley Ford for $59 plus S&H. Should have it today or tomorrow and then will do the install. Hopefully it peps it up a bit, with the cold snap, starts have been a little harder I have noticed.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
The part # for the kit is on the bag in the first picture in Post #1

If your kit did not have the spring it defeats the whole purpose of the kit supposed to be Fuel Regulator Kit

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is the fuel spring kit.....
Tousley Ford Parts Depot

As far as banjo bolts, your local ford dealer should have them in stock or at least order the bolts and washers for next day. The banjo bolt secures the fuel line to the head as well as flowing fuel to the injectors within the head. The stock 6.0 banjo bolts only have 2 ports that allow for the flow of fuel but also have a screen or check valve that causes a restriction to the flow. The 6.4 banjo bolt mod includes new banjo bolts, with 4 larger ports for more fuel flow and no check valve. More flow results in better and more efficient fuel pressure to all injectors, and we all know how the 6.0 injectors like they're fuel. Between the spring upgrade and banjo bolt mod, I would certainly have a gauge for fuel pressure monitoring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just received the kit from International today. It contains the spring and replacement gaskets, no cover. That was International part # 1854267c94.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just did mine today. Took me about 2 hrs. (I'm a novice) I had to take off the radiator hose. (Just couldn't get to that bottom right bolt) One thing I noticed is that my fuel line is smaller than yours and has a funky bend in it. Did Ford change the fuel line between 04 and 05? If so, how hard is it to replace the fuel line. Thanks again for the write up!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
wnsniper, not sure if they changed the fuel line between 04 & 05 but if I had to bet on it, I'd bet they probably did. Maybe someone else will chime in. I don't know if it's worth replacing unless you think the funky bend is damage. Got pics?

Also, do you have a Fuel Pressure Gauge?

·
Registered
13 Posts
For some reason the site won't let me attach the picture but it appears I probaby bent (kinked) the fuel return line when taking it off the fuel regulator cover. I'll have to replace it. No I don't have gauges yet. As soon as my mechanic slows down I'll be taking the truck in for studs and and egr delete this month. I will be ordering the CTS and at this time probably get a seperate fuel pressure gauge. (Can't afford the whole Insight setup right now)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I was able to upload the picture and put it in my photo gallery.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Yep, you kinked it. Welcome to the club.

Part # 3C3Z-9L273-AA. Should be about $25.

You'll also need the fuel line disconnect tool to get the opposite end loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the part number. I searched for hours last night and couldn't find it. There is also a video on youtube on how to use the disconnect tool. Very cool. The truck is actually running great after the upgrade. I guess I'll learn how to replace fuel lines now and hopefully not break anything else in the process!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed the whole fuel bowl rebuild kit, not the spring kit, but orings and the inner tower in the secondary filter housing.

When I was in there I completely dissembled it, cataloged and photographed the parts, and ran it through the Ultra Sonic cleaner.

So my question is, where does that little black plastic collar with the tabs go?

I don't recall seeing it anywhere inside. I did also have akit that replaced the black plastic tower, is it a component on that tower?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Spent my sunday afternoon in the garage, got the spring kit installed and all taken care of. I think i might have tweeked the fuel line just a touch when taking it off of the housing, I guess I will be getting a new one of those.
On another note, i had to take the Rubber radiator hose loose to get it bent over far enough to get to the bottom Torx screw on the housing. When i tipped it over I figured there might be some fluid in the hose, luckily had a cup to catch it. It looked like brown dirty water. Anyone care to point out the obvious and verify that this is dirty coolant???? And if so would I be wise to get it in the shop ASAP to get a coolant flush??? Also on that line, i have purchased some Rotella ELC (with plans to flush myself) however, I have heard that stuff can eat up some of your seals and such internally. I also watched a video from Bill Hewitt (powerstrokehelp.com) and he was very adament about using the Ford coolant and doing the flush with only that. I am also wondering what the chances are of a stopped up oil cooler/EGR cooler after a flush like this??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
I just installed the whole fuel bowl rebuild kit, not the spring kit, but orings and the inner tower in the secondary filter housing.

When I was in there I completely dissembled it, cataloged and photographed the parts, and ran it through the Ultra Sonic cleaner.

So my question is, where does that little black plastic collar with the tabs go?

I don't recall seeing it anywhere inside. I did also have akit that replaced the black plastic tower, is it a component on that tower?
I had that part left over too and a couple others. Apparently they include parts that may be extra to some of us due to changes in different model years.

101 - 120 of 173 Posts