The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2010 F-250 "runs out of fuel" when ther is still about 50 miles of range remaining (a little less than 1/4 tank). I dropped the tank today and found that the black pickup foot and screen is missing from the bottom of the fuel sending unit. I don't see just that part available anywhere for the 08 and newer powerstroke trucks. Does anyone know if the one available for the 7.3 and 6.0 trucks (part number E5TZ-9J306-BA) will fit the sending unit for the 6.4?

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I asked my parts counter man to look it up and apparently there is no listing for it separately. I am thinking that the fact the 2007 and earlier part does not fit due to a difference in size of the pickup tube. They key to possibly matching one up requires measuring the diameter of the tube in your 2010 truck... or you could simply replace the entire pickup and sender assembly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would eliminate the "foot" entirely -- the new ones you get are made of junk plastic and will fail soon -- seems they are on "back order"
The screen in the bottom of the factory foot is just there to keep the junk from plugging the suction line -- the filter is before the pump, so the pump is still protected

Take a short piece of hose that will fit over the outside of the metal tube and make a couple of V notches in the end -- measure from the top of the tank to the bottom, then adjust the 'extension' to just miss the tank bottom -- use a piece of metal window screen to wrap over the tip of the hose and secure with a hose clamp -- the screen can be fair enough size to go under the clamp that secures the hose to the tube

1 - 3 of 3 Posts