The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'99 F250 7.3 I was driving in Houston traffic over the weekend when my instrument cluster all went dead. The engine is still running but after a few minutes it disengaged and I had no acceleration. I managed to coast into a parking lot & replace the fuse (#19 under dash) and it ran for about 15 min then popped again. Sometimes if I slipped into neutral then back into drive it would catch again but it finally said no. I was on back roads nearly home at this point so I was able to just put it in 2nd and drive slow and it stayed engaged.

Anyway, this fuse controls several different functions and I can't determine what is cause and what is effect to figure out why it's blowing. I'm suspicious of the gearshift with the little wire going to the OD shutoff switch just because of it being in a stress bending point. I pulled the switch out but that didn't help.

I also have a leak I can't pinpoint that lets water in behind the petals when it rains. It's near the electronics / fuse mess under the dash but I haven't seen any of that wet. It comes in from behind the plastic near where the steering column goes through the firewall and gets the floor wet right behind the petals. ( I would LOVE to find the entry point and fix that!!)

I welcome any ideas!

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
14,608 Posts
Check out my article.
KEN! You're alive! Haven't seen you around for ages. Hope you are doing well.

Thank you! I'll pull that apart asap and see if it can be patched...
I wouldn't patch it myself - a new shifter isn't that expensive. What you can do is disconnect the plug and leave it disconnected until your new shifter comes in?

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
KEN! You're alive! Haven't seen you around for ages. Hope you are doing well.
I am and doing well. Just crazy busy with work and life overall. I don't get as much "online" time as I used to with forums.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts