The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 F350 6.0 DRW.
My blinkers stopped working and I went thru the fuses and noticed #27 was blown so I replaced it. Worked for about a day and it went again. Now every time put one in, it works for about 5 minutes and it blows.
I've disconnected the vacuum pump, reverse sensors, and the trailer plug one at a time to see if one of these was the culprit but it keeps happening. I've checked the wiring from the vacuum pump including the ones that go across the engine.
Anyone have some ideas on this?
Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does it make any difference if it's the left or right side signal which is being used when it blows? Can you detect anything odd with one of the lights when they are activated? Like one dimmer than the other or anything else? Although since you say the 4ways work ok it sounds like the switch on the column or the wiring to it has issues.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I have a 2006 F350 6.0 DRW.
My blinkers stopped working and I went thru the fuses and noticed #27 was blown so I replaced it. Worked for about a day and it went again. Now every time put one in, it works for about 5 minutes and it blows.
I've disconnected the vacuum pump, reverse sensors, and the trailer plug one at a time to see if one of these was the culprit but it keeps happening. I've checked the wiring from the vacuum pump including the ones that go across the engine.
Anyone have some ideas on this?
Thanks for the help

I am kinda surprised that the vacuum pump was not it as they were a pattern failure years back. They usually stop running or run all the time but occasionally I got one that did blow the fuse. Did fuse F2.27 blow with the pump disconnected? Here is a full list of items that could be on that circuit depending on how your truck is equipped:

• Brake Shift Interlock
  • Heated Mirror Relay
  • Heated Drivers Seat Relay
  • Parking Aid Module
  • Turn/Hazard Relay
  • Trailer Tow Charge Relay
  • Vacuum Pump Motor
  • Electronic Shift On The Fly
  • Daytime Running Lamps Relay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as the truck is parked when I put a new fuse everything works including the pump. Once I go above 5mph the fuse blows.
The turn signals both work and neither are dim.
Yes the fuse blew when the pump was disconnected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update....
I have been going thru the truck wiring and have not found anything that really pops out. Yesterday I put a new fuse in, turned the key to on, and turned the signal light on. Everything working fine. Got under the truck and started from the back wiggling and jiggling all the wires. To see if I could get the fuse to blow. Made my way to the front and then got on the engine and did the same. Nothing, all working fine.
Started the truck and went down the street. Bam the fuse blew.
You guys think it might be a bad sensor or something like that?
I'm trying to do everything I can before I send her on her way to a mechanic.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related is something else the truck does related to speed:

If one of your door switches sticks (as mine did once) the interior light stays on. When you start to drive, after you reach about 5 mph the light will shut off, I assume a safety feature built in so you don't end up trying to drive down the road at night trying to see with the interior light on (but I could be wrong on the reason why it does it)

So maybe whatever triggers that light off might be a related to your issue? Nobody has mentioned that the int lights are related to your circuit issue but I'm just throwing ideas out there. The only other thought is the backup sensor. Does something happen at a low speed to lock it out of use? Again just throwing stuff at the wall hoping something might stick...........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hadn't thought about the interior lights. I'm going to check that out once I get off work.
I've unplugged the reverse sensors but the fuse still went out. Rght now I'll take any suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't had a chance to take her to a mechanic yet. I swapped the multi function switch on the steering column but still getting the same thing. Has me stumped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ActionJackson342

F250 Superduty 06

Same problem with Fuse 27 only mine started after pulling a company trailer to a jobsite blowing my trailer light fuse and # 27 Now like yours it works for a short while then blows and you have no turn signals. Were you towing a trailer when yours started? Did you find the problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply. Yea I was pulling a trailer when it happened. My truck has been at a shop for over a month and it has the mechanic stumped. I couldnt figure it out and neither can the mechanic.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The only thing I can think of that is speed related is the auto door locks, but it is not on Ford Doctors list. Don't know if this helps or not.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Variable Speed Sensor located on top of the differential housing? Just a wild guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My manual says that fuse #27 goes to the Ignition switch RUN feed but Gorilla187's manual says it goes to something else. However fuse #28 goes to Trailer tow EBC logic and we were both pulling trailers when this started. I have pulled my trailer since and everything, lights, blinkers(until the fuse blows) and brakes are all working. The fuse blows without a trailer hooked up but it only seem to effect the blinkers on the truck. I am going to put an amp meter across where the fuse goes and see what it is pulling and start tracing down the wire.
Good Luck Gorrilla187 but if you get there before I do let me know?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info I'll go have a chat with the mechanic tomorrow after work. Maybe he'll have get a n idea. Have been trying not to rush him.
If you figure it out before me know also.
Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My truck is my daily driver so I have to get it fixed. Checked a few things today at lunch. Put an ampmeter across where the fuse goes and everything worked until i put it in drive then it pegged the meter (60 amp dash mount from NAPA) and I immediately jerked the wires out. Tried it in reverse but nothing happened but tried it again in drive and pegged the needle. I was driving an pulling off to do this but when I got back to the job site parking lot hooked the meter back up and tried it 2 times and it didnt do anything and blinkers worked. There is a melted wire somewhere on the truck, from the shorted trailer wiring, but where is the question?
Could someone send us a wiring diagram maybe for a 06 Ford F250 XL Manuf. 10/05

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts