The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
As long as the truck is parked when I put a new fuse everything works including the pump. Once I go above 5mph the fuse blows.
The turn signals both work and neither are dim.
Yes the fuse blew when the pump was disconnected.
Fuse 27 on my 2007 F-250 diesel in ignition start run feed which is confusing

·
Registered
8 Posts
which is confusing because there’s no reference to turn signals but I am no diesel mechanic anyways ....it’s the tow haul wiring shorting out on the metal in the steering column it’s difficult to see I Gave up trying to fix now for the Second time but that’s definitely the issue I ordered a new set up online for bout 42 bucks that will solve our issues no doubt I hope this helps.......remember when you go into park or reverse the wire shorts out on the metal in the steering column I was able too tape up the short but it only lasted about a year it a tricky deal for sure the wires are micro small and brittle peace everyone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello fellow Ford Truck owners I’m updating my post in the hope of helping other power stroke owners I read a post recently that explained a wiring short not from the typical steering column overdrive cancel wiring. Here’s how I fixed the F fuse 27 constantly blowing out there is a large wiring harness ( Under Hood) that spans from the drivers side over to the vacuum pump this harness as most are will sag down and rub on any metal objects .....in my case someone removed the large plastic harness holder or chase way and zipped tied this harness to the back hood opening of the engine compartment and yup you guessed it the zip ties broke and the harness was rubbing on the Turbo housing once i re secured the harness problem solved it was a 2 or 3 week investigation to solve its a difficult wiring harness to get too being Above the firewall the number 27 fuse on my 2007 diesel super duty ties into the 4x4 cluster ,vacuum pump, obviously both turn signals and one or two other systems so a problem child for sure anyone unsure of this explanation feel free to message my post and I will D M you if necessary or take you some pictures thanks peace everyone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow Ford Truck owners I’m updating my post in the hope of helping other power stroke owners I read a post recently that explained a wiring short not from the typical steering column overdrive cancel wiring. Here’s how I fixed the F fuse 27 constantly blowing out there is a large wiring harness ( Under Hood) that spans from the drivers side over to the vacuum pump this harness as most are will sag down and rub on any metal objects .....in my case someone removed the large plastic harness holder or chase way and zipped tied this harness to the back hood opening of the engine compartment and yup you guessed it the zip ties broke and the harness was rubbing on the Turbo housing once i re secured the harness problem solved it was a 2 or 3 week investigation to solve its a difficult wiring harness to get too being Above the firewall the number 27 fuse on my 2007 diesel super duty ties into the 4x4 cluster ,vacuum pump, obviously both turn signals and one or two other systems so a problem child for sure anyone unsure of this explanation feel free to message my post and I will D M you if necessary or take you some pictures thanks peace everyone
Hey can you please D M me pics where this wiring harness is? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue in my 06 a few years ago. I ruled out the typical shifter short. Mine ended up being in the wiring harness in the overhead panel shorting to the roof. A little electrical tape took care of it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts