The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread has been moved here at the request of the WebMaster.

Quote from J.C.:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm afraid I must be missing something. Is there a time someone with the 5.4 V-8 or with the V-10 asked a question about like the rear axle or something in the driveline section and someone told you to go post in the gas section? I honestly don't see where there is this big problem of gas guys getting picked on. All they ask is if you have a question about the gas engine put it in the gas section. What is so difficult and rude about that? They also only ask for donations, they don't force you to make one. If you don't like this site why don't you go somewhere else or make your own site?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

J.C., the following is a quote from one of the administrators in response to a discussion about the availability of the snow plow option on a PSD Crew Cab. The original poster claimed that it was available, and that he had the printed Ford order form to prove it. Many of us had been under the impression this option was only available with the gas engines in a CC. It was assumed that this person must have a gas engine if he has this option and angry words were exchanged (thread was originally in Upgrades and Aftermarket). An administrator responded as follows (speaking as a member, not as a forum moderator):
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Back up a notch and you'll notice the website is named Ford-Diesel.com. We discuss Ford diesels here, with a very few exceptions. One exception is gas engines, and the WebMaster has gratiously provided one forum for the folks to discuss Fords with gas engines. But one forum only, and this one isn't it.
Another exception is that diesel engine brands other than Ford can be discussed in the General Diesel forum.
And all sorts of cats and dogs can be discussed in the Other Forum.
But otherwise, all the forums are reserved for discussion of Ford diesels.
The title of the '99-up SuperDuties section may be a little misleading to new folks - since it doesn't mention the restriction of discussion of only diesel engines except in the Gas Engines forum. The WebMaster is aware of that, but has stated that it's no problem because anyone that comes here already knows that this is a Ford diesel website.
One of the mottos of this website is that "Real trucks don't have spark plugs". I have that sticker, purchased from this website, on the rear window of my PSD. We make no apologies in stating that real trucks have PSD engines. (But I promise not to say that in the Gas Engines forum. ) O.k.?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

J.C., engine type wasn’t even the main issue here…. Only whether an option package was available with the PSD. The “real truck/spark plug” comments set off a confrontational tone which wasn’t necessary. This started the thread in the Gas Engines forum which has since been locked and moved here. Now, I tend to agree with you... this is a diesel web site, and gas talk is generally not welcome... but it can get confusing as noted above when other truck issues overlap the engine option issue.

Regards,

Ron

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Right, anything that is specific to Super Duties with a gas engine belongs in the Gas Engine forum. Seems pretty simple and clear to me, apparently others don't agree.

I've e-mailed all the moderators to clarify the rules just in case some weren't aware.

Thanks,
Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4
Black/Tan 4.10LS Fully-Loaded

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Q-If you did'nt have feet would you go to a shoe site?

Just for fun

------------------
John Northeast Rally site http://www.angelfire.com/ak4/northeastrally/
#1-Y2K F-350 4x4, DRW, 6 speed/4:10 gears, PSD, super duty, woodland green
#2-'97 F-250 4x4 PSD XL Super cab, Black, 5" lift 35"x12.5"x16.5" BFG A/T,

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ford_turbo_diesel:

Just for fun

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you didn't have feet, could you drive??

------------------
'84 Chevy K10 Scottsdale 4x4. 305 V8. 700R4
'00 Aerolite 25' Travel Trailer with Slideout.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Tim,

Yup, lots of folks do it daily. I know you mean it in jest, but with your military aspirations, you should know better.

[added in edit]

Think land mines!

Mike

[This message has been edited by mhardin (edited 07-21-2000).]

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I had a friend in High School who was paralyzed from the waist down when someone made a left turn in front of his motorcycle. His feet don't work, but he still wears shoes, and he can drive. (He drives a pretty mean wheelchair, too!)
I've also heard of a lady with no ARMS who can drive. (Talk about flexibility!)
DH

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ford_turbo_diesel:

Just for fun

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Q- If you had a shoe site, would you have a special forum for those without feet? Ooops, excuse me, we don't discuss the presence or absence of feet on this forum!

Just more fun

[This message has been edited by TritonMan (edited 07-22-2000).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts