The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
Well i made the mistake yesterday of driving a 15 6.7........needless to say when I got back in my 6.2 I was really disappointed.....I will be buying a 6.7 today. I kept telling myself the 6.2 has "good power" and the maintenance is so much cheaper.

I hooked to my toy hauler a couple days ago and headed to the mountains from a dead stop at high elevation I was to the point I needed 4 low to get moving. Anyway I hope this helps some of the guys on the fence between diesel and gas. Gas is cheaper to run but power is what gets me moving.....and it takes money to have power.

I agree, last truck I owned was a 2004 F250 ext. cab LB xlt gasser 5.4 it was powerful but nothing compared to my 6.0?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
10 Posts
I'm extremely disappointed in myself for not researching further.... I just found out that I could have ordered the 6.9 V10 in my 2015....
oh well....

my 6.2 arrived... I LOVE FORD truck Builds...very solid.... the 6.2 has some Pep..... but cannot even compare to my 2006 Diesel POWER!!!...

I have not hooked up for a tow yet.... I'll let ya know how it handles....

my MPG are 11.6 average.....(freeway and town)

I'm leaving tomorrow for a 300 mile freeway journey....I'll let ya know what I get...
I was told the V-10 was only available on thr F-450and up...?

· Registered
266 Posts
450 only cab and chassis.

· Registered
2,465 Posts
I had a 2003 F250 CCLB 6L XLT and a 2008 F450. The thing I worried about more than either truck was how Ford would treat me if something goes wrong. My 3rd Ford turbocharged truck is my F150 ECO and I still worry.

a normally aspirated gas engine is in my future somewhere.

Reactions: NickKent
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.