The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is this guy one sensational grabbing, over dramatic, self serving piece of chert on TV. I mean this guy wants to grab news while folks are in real danger of dying. He makes me sick and absolutely sux in terms of coverage of the hurricane compared to experts on other channels. He makes me want to blow chunks. He gives a whole new meaning to the term ambulance chaser...........He is so self absorbed, he is only about himself. I think I have made it clear I really despise this guy. Fox is much better than this, I am disappointed they continue to use airwaves with this fools folly.:nono:

·
Banned
11,632 Posts
Some weird part of me likes Geraldo, and even though he's a Democrat, he's pretty centrist and even-handed. His crazy escapades not-withstanding, he has been in almost every role possible, including anchoring the network news (maybe NBC) as a fill-in, perhaps on the weekend. He's been around almost 35 years, and will certainly go down as "memorable" in anyone's book. He's 65 years old, yet seems like a kid, and is still making babies. I'd love to get drunk with him, Ted Kennedy, and George Bush.

Unfortunately, the closest we'll come to that is when Ted Kennedy and George Bush got drunk together while working on "No Child Left Behind" or something early in the Bush administration, and they got into a drunken wrestling match. Bush suffered a rug burn on his face, which was passed off as him choking on a pretzel and falling on the carpet. Yeah, right. Ted Kennedy did it.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
Couldn't agree more, your Tutness!:lol: He's a real pant-load. On a positive note, yesterday he was play'in the Drama Queen role on Fox News, standing knee deep in fast running water and a log knocked him totally off his feet. The only thing above water for a while was his melon-head and his messed up doo. They replayed it a couple times, probably made the studio news staffs' day-----ahh, Good Times!:lol:

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Safe to assume you don't like him?

Is it just me or is this guy one sensational grabbing, over dramatic, self serving piece of chert on TV. I mean this guy wants to grab news while folks are in real danger of dying. He makes me sick and absolutely sux in terms of coverage of the hurricane compared to experts on other channels. He makes me want to blow chunks. He gives a whole new meaning to the term ambulance chaser...........He is so self absorbed, he is only about himself. I think I have made it clear I really despise this guy. Fox is much better than this, I am disappointed they continue to use airwaves with this fools folly.:nono:
When he drew the map in Iraq showing where the troops were, I thought that was it for him!

His name BTW is Gerald and he was called Gerry when younger. It was changed to GERALDO to sound more Latin. :thdown:

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Btw!

In one of his books he claims he put the wood to Princess Diana!

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Geraldo

Now most Puerto Ricans have no love for blacks.

Here is Geraldo.

Original Post: This morning on "Fox & Friends," Geraldo Rivera made an offensive and racially-charged joke about Barbara Walters' affair with married Senator Edward Brooke, who is black. Barbara told Oprah yesterday (in a show to air next week) that she had an affair in the 1970s with the Republican Senator from Massachusetts.

"Once you go black, you don't go back," Geraldo joked.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
When he drew the map in Iraq showing where the troops were, I thought that was it for him!
I thought we destroyed all communications abilities that the Republican Guard could use, so I doubt they were watching Geraldo's report. Nevertheless it was a violation he survived.

He's not boring like most news people.

·
Banned
11,632 Posts
I thought we destroyed all communications abilities that the Republican Guard could use, so I doubt they were watching Geraldo's report. Nevertheless it was a violation he survived.

He's not boring like most news people.
The military never claimed to have destroyed the Iraqi military's ability to watch TV

·
Registered
858 Posts
His name BTW is Gerald and he was called Gerry when younger. It was changed to GERALDO to sound more Latin. :thdown:
I've read that he actually used the name "Gerry Rivers" in college to be less Latin and fit in. Either way, I get the impression that he has never been comfortable in his own skin. :thdown:

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
When I worked at World Airways in Oakland calif. I was an aricraft painter. United Airlines donated an old DC-8 To Dr. Orbus (eye surgeon) and World airways donated the Paint/Job. We were told that Geraldo was going to show up and do a story, and be ready...He never showed.....(hmmm was that when he was with the princess?)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Couldn't agree more, your Tutness!:lol: He's a real pant-load. On a positive note, yesterday he was play'in the Drama Queen role on Fox News, standing knee deep in fast running water and a log knocked him totally off his feet. The only thing above water for a while was his melon-head and his messed up doo. They replayed it a couple times, probably made the studio news staffs' day-----ahh, Good Times!:lol:
I saw that clip when he was almost Swept off the Galveston Seawall,I am pretty sure I heard one of the Fireman tell him as he was walking off "Maybe it's time for you to get off the Seawall" Or something to that Effect. :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess Fox keeps him on so they can say they allow Democratic viewpoints too? :icon_rolleyes: Seriously, Geraldo and Alan Colmes are pretty poor specimens...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
He is still looking for the lost vault...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Alan Colmes, now that is a good specimen of liberalism. Is that jerk for real?

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think Alan would be fun to have a drink with.............I think he is a good fellow.........

·
Registered
837 Posts
Alan Colmes, now that is a good specimen of liberalism. Is that jerk for real?
That's why he's on the show.

If you can pick a poor specimen to represent the other side, it just makes you look all that much better.

Too bad he doesn't get the joke that I'm sure Hannity, et. al, are having at his expense.

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
I'm betting they are not equal paid.

That's why he's on the show.

If you can pick a poor specimen to represent the other side, it just makes you look all that much better.

Too bad he doesn't get the joke that I'm sure Hannity, et. al, are having at his expense.
Sean makes $100 mil for 5 year contract.

Rumor is Alan makes 1.2 mil a year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts