The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...now that it seems like I have this new forum thing figgered out...I'll continue on my new chip.

With the new chip...the truck just flat out scoots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I was running in the 75hp position...and it felt just as strong as the 110hp position of my old SCMT.

Shifting with my MonsterBox tranny was very...very nice. They were quick and firm...no harshness in them whatsoever. When I laid on the go peddle...there was a little haze...but not much. Again...this is only the 75hp position. My 3-4 shift flare is gone...and TC lockup seems to be better.

But...for the first time I set my SES light. I never did that with my SCMT. After about 10 minutes...the light goes away. I got on the isolated road that my work is on and nailed it to see if it was an overboost. Boost never got above 25 pounds...and the light stayed off until she shifted into 4th. She just kept pullin and pullin...then the SES light triggered. My hunch is that it has something to do with my early 99 HPOP. Not sure if the chip can be reburned to deal with the SES issue or not.

And to the person that asked before the big archive...its a TS 6 pos chip (no start/stock/hi idle/50hp/75hp/125hp). I will prob wait until it warms up some before I play with the 125hp position. Cold weather is hard enough on the truck...and I'm not in the mood to overstress stuff in the cold weather.

Dave

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Glad to hear the shifting is working with the MONSTERBOX!

If you still have the Superchips, pull the chip and see if you can read the code.. If you like.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have the SCMT...it gets sent off tomorrow.

Do I have to pull the chip to pull codes? I was under the impression that I didn't have to.

Dave

·
Registered
943 Posts
Pull the code(s) for sure...

You will more than likely see: [injector pressure too high/low]...I get that occasionally when I'm towing and pulling a grade.

Cheers

·
Registered
717 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Try it without pulling the chip & see what happens..

Maybe it will work..

[/ QUOTE ]

My Evolution cleared the KAM code after installing my chip. I haven't gotten any others yet...other than the Air Intake Heater one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
895 Posts
I agree with Tough Guy,it will probably be that the injector control pressure is high/low.

I will get the same code if I'm really standing on it in the 125 mode and usually it (ses light) flashes on a shift.

Howling

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to pull the codes using the SCMT. I had 2 codes...P0603 and P0640. The one was from having the batteries disconnected while installing the chip. The other is the air intake heater code. There were no other codes.

Does the IPR too high/low code stay...or does it go away? My SCMT couldn't clear the P0640 code...even tho I tried 3 times.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts