The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods per signature line. I've started to get a "noise" under load. It starts at 3 psi boost and gets pretty loud at 8 psi. That's as much as I can wring out of it, so I do have a boost leak. I was hauling cattle so didn't have time to dig deep but did notice with a light that I have a hint of smoke at idle from the bottom of EBPV shaft fitment. I did unhook the EBPV wiring just in case, but it's NOT the noise you'll get from the valve shutting. If I'm remembering correctly I did have the turbo pedestal changed 2-3 years back (not many miles though); the repair guys suggested that I do the "gutted" deal but I like using the EBPV as an engine brake. Any ideas? Going to run it in my shop tonight and check all air connections beyond the turbo.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved! Had a few minutes yesterday to look it over in my shop- boot clamp from turbo to right cylinder bank had failed. Go figure. I'm always a fan of the easy fix!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Man, that is great news!

Too bad all the fixes are not so easy.

I use the EBPV as an exhaust brake too! It's the best ten bucks I every spent on a switch.

I still can't believe that Ford / International didn't use that EBPV as an exhaust brake and claim the status of being the first one on the pickup truck market!

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, that is great news!

Too bad all the fixes are not so easy.

I use the EBPV as an exhaust brake too! It's the best ten bucks I every spent on a switch.

I still can't believe that Ford / International didn't use that EBPV as an exhaust brake and claim the status of being the first one on the pickup truck market!
I use the devil out of that modification. The heavier the load and the higher the revs, the better it works! 21,000# payload on top of the 14,500# tare (15 hay bales on a 30' gooseneck with racks), I run around the neighborhood using 4Lo; rarely have to use the brakes. A worthwhile $10 to set it up, and it was just to needle the neighbor with his new Dodge 6.7L years ago.... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts