The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I replaced the glow plugs and GPR last night. Nice weather....in the 50's now! After reading alot of these threads, I thought it would take longer. It took me about 2 1/2 hours being in no rush. It was very straight forward. The driver's side was much easier. I was able to squat where the air intake sits. Uncomfy on the passenger's side!
I replaced the GP's, GP/injector harness's, valve cover gasket and GPR. I purchased the ZD-11 GP's off ebay for $60. Great deal!
Thanks to Dave Pharis (Believer45) for the emailed instructions.
My ONLY issue was not being able to get all the oil out that sat on top of the GP's. Maybe a teaspoon full trickled down after removing each GP. Should I have concern? It started right up after completion.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
The problem with excessive oil getting into the cylinders is Hydro-locking or something like that. Since you didn't experience it I would say your good.

Griz

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It should just push it out the exhaust valves....correct?

Also, I noticed the intake pipe to the turbo being wet with oil...obviously on the driver's side after where the breather element enters the intake tube. Is how much is too much? How do I reduce or stop it? Is there a breather mod people do with a catch can? Replace the breather itself? I'm curious how much oil I'm actually loosing through the breather.

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts
The crankcase vent is routed into the intake before the turbo so you will burn the excess oil that comes out instead of losing it to the road.

The oil that may have gotten into your cylinders is long gone, burned for additional fuel.

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm really curious how much oil is blowing by.

BTW: I have the old GPR, GP's, valve cover gaskets and UVC harness's if someone wants them. Just pay shipping. I haven't tested anything to see if something was good or bad. I just replaced them b/c it was all original and I'm at 160K miles. I don't want any issues in my travels!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts