The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 F250 7.3idi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m doing an engine swap from a 92 to a 91 f250. We don’t know much about the truck that we stuck the motor in. All we know is it won’t start and the oil was very milky. The motor does run and I’m good shape that we pulled from the 92. But the glow plug harness on the truck side isn’t in good shape. The harness that runs across the radiator support and connects the the engine harness

I was in the process of changing the male end when I noticed there was two extra bigger wires that wasn’t connected to the old motor. I’d like to know if they are important wires?

Also got 4 wires that are split to two wires into one. Do I just splice those into the two wires that are in the same location on the new connector?

And I got one wire that loops from one to the other on the old connector. What does that mean?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The two smaller wires look to be a fusible link. Follow where you think they hook to, and see if they don't go into a single heavy wire that goes to the glow plug relay. If you can't find anything then hook up what you KNOW to be correct, and power it up. Then look for what doesn't work. It'll tell you all about it. Read the post titled burnt wires fusible link. He gives a pretty good list of what the fusible links power. there is a little difference from year to year, but it is not mind boggling, and it's pretty easy to figure out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts