The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

So, its here. About to install.

The instructions say to drill into the intake manifold. (For the boost)

I saw some videos that use the T fitting adapter. Do you think it's ok to use the T fitting in the 6.0, rather than drill into the manifold? There's not a lot of room to do that- I'd much rather use the hose.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answering my own question.

Yeah, I'm going with the T Fitting. And one more fail from Glowshift- they gave me a power harness 12 inches long. Even with the 'add a fuse' adapters I got I'm still going to have to buy some 16 gauge wire and extend them.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SO, doing the install today.

All's good up unto the EGR drill and tap. Actually that went fine- I'm into the manifold, it's almost flush but not quite.

My hangup is- when I'm inserting the probe, and tighten down the ferrule nut, the nut tightens all the way but doesn't pinch down the probe.

I can pull it out, but it doesn't just fall. How tight is it supposed to be?

Any help? Never done a probe before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And.. another answer. Im getting good at this.

There's a small brass oval thing that goes in the middle Got it.

So, different question. I thought this was a fuse. What exactly am I going to connect the orange wire to? Is that a fuse or the headlight wire?

5. The Night Time Dimming feature decreases the brightness of the gauge face by 30%. Connect the orange wire to the 12 volt positive headlamp source. This allows the mode to be activated when the headlights come on. This step is optional and will not affect operation of the gauge if it is omitted. NOTE: Do not connect the orange wire to a dimmer wheel. This will cause the gauge lighting to flicker.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
i hook the orange wire to the parking light wire. on my 02 it is a brown wire behind the headlight switch

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'll try it out!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First, thanks for the advice for this install- I appreciate it.

Last comment for this. The pod they sent me was 1/2 in too long. The handle wouldn't go back in.

So I get with tech support. Basically they said-

Cut it out so it fits. I can do that, I'd want something that just slips in. Fail.

Reactions: yan7gin

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I said that was the last comment but..

That light switch pops out, and I can't get to the brown wire. Can't seem to see where it goes back to behind the dash either. I'm fairly confident that might be one of the correct wires to splice the orange dimmer wire into, I just can't get to it.

Anyone know if there's something else I can splice the orange dimmer wire into? Even a fuse?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
did you try pulling the switch and the dash (dark part)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't.. I saw a vid and it looks kinda straightforward.

I might give the side panel access one more shot. I was hoping there was an alternative hookup connection, but I'll see if I can play with the dash access.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts