The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my truck May 7th...Truck wil be built the week of June 4th and my scheduled delivery date is June 11th...MY BIRTHDAY! How sweet is that...Just a little over 4 weeks from start to end!!! I guess thats what you get when you deal with the biggest dealership in the nation...Ricart Mega Mall... Props to them, we have bought every car from them since i can remember... This will be my first new truck... I have had a 1997 f150, 2003 f150 lightning, and now a new F350...I consider myself the luckiest person in the world as I am only 18 (will be 19 when truck gets here)... Paid with my hard work in full. I cant wait!

· Registered
211 Posts
Well I am certainly happy for you....However not to try and burst your bubble.

I ordered from probably what is about one of the smallest dealers in the United States. A farmer and his son own it and if it is a pretty afternoon, they leave it with their one other salesman and get on the tractors to mow or bale hay.

Anyway, we ordered mine on April 9th and it is on a truck to be delivered today. So that is just over a month as well.

· Registered
129 Posts
I think all of us are happy for you but I also think there are many more people that are jealous! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

· Registered
583 Posts
2008TTCC,

Dude,

Now THAT is a birthday present....

Enjoy your new ride and don't forget to wash it the next day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'll admit that those 08's look BADASS to me.

You gotta know that owners of the new Silverados just HATE it when they have to sit next to a new 08 Superduty at a stoplight!!

JR44

· Registered
1,704 Posts
I am happy for you, great at your age to be able to earn the money it takes to pay in full for one of these trucks. When I was a young guy, my Dad told me over and over again, forget the cars, truck, motorcycles and boats, instead buy land. Here I am now, wishing I had listened to my Dad. I could have bought couple of acres in my hometown for about what a F-350 costs today, that land now would be worth well over $2 MILLION, Nantucket Island, Ma. All them new trucks and bikes are long gone and worthless. I paid cash for a Z28 Camaro, one of the stupidest financial decisions I ever made. I should have financed it through the credit union for a short note of 4-6%, and leave that chunk of change invested at a 10-15% return. Buy land young man, buy land.

· Registered
334 Posts
Really hope it arrives on your birthday. That would be a bonus. Then you can brag to your friends about the nice birthday present your wife bought you.

· Registered
2,933 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I am happy for you, great at your age to be able to earn the money it takes to pay in full for one of these trucks. When I was a young guy, my Dad told me over and over again, forget the cars, truck, motorcycles and boats, instead buy land. Here I am now, wishing I had listened to my Dad. I could have bought couple of acres in my hometown for about what a F-350 costs today, that land now would be worth well over $2 MILLION, Nantucket Island, Ma. All them new trucks and bikes are long gone and worthless. I paid cash for a Z28 Camaro, one of the stupidest financial decisions I ever made. I should have financed it through the credit union for a short note of 4-6%, and leave that chunk of change invested at a 10-15% return. Buy land young man, buy land.

[/ QUOTE ]What he said, & start saving for retirement!You may think you have forever at 18,but it will get there quicker than you think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Also congrat's on the truck,I could only DREAM of having a truck like that at 18 (yeah I am jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif)Post some pics when you get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! I have been saving since I was about 10 haha started mowing lawns...now i got my dream truck and start saving all over again for some more investments...

Most of my money has come from stock though, I have quite a bit of stock in Nationwide Insurance comapny that my grandpa bought for me when he was a regional manager way back when...talk about planning! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Once I get her she will be sitting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have a cruise planned with the family for 10 days...I guess that will be good time for the paint to cure before I start waxing her!

· Registered
486 Posts
I agree with CaptSkup - Don't piss all your money away on a new truck.

In 2 years you'll be lucky to get 70% of what you paid. Or if you pay 50K you might get 35K back....

My 0.02 is find a good 02 7.3 Diesel for 20K, spend 2-3K getting it up to speed to drive anywhere. Take the 27K left over and invest it.

27K at 7% compounded in 5 years will be 34.4K and the 02 Ford you bought for 20K will still be worth 12-14K...

Also, parts are alot cheaper for the 7.3, and alot of independent's can fix em for a lot cheaper than the dealer.

With the economy headed south for awhile, a hunker down position is a good thing.

However - It's your money - do what you want...

CH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

· Registered
92 Posts
Well congrats on the new truck, it's a great feeling when your hard work pays off. Buy the truck now before you have a family to support which will take a lot of your time and money. The others do have good points about saving for retirement too, just make sure you budget your money. Enjoy it man, you earned it!
-Jason

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did earn it and continue too by playing football and having school paid for as well as investments...

But thanks guys...I budget my mulla just fine for my age. Thanks!

· Registered
384 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, I ordered a F-450 From Bobby Williams at Sunrise Ford on May 11th. It would be real nice to get it within a month.. I am stoked!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be very pleased with Bobby...he is head and shoulders above ANY dealer that I have ever worked with before, and let me tell you what, that's saying a lot!

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.