The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,890 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,458 Posts
There is also a fix on Ebay that puts equal pressure all the way around on the mounting surface

Just search for Powerstroke thermostat fix and it should show up

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wish this post would have started 2 months ago!
Bugman I never knew that piece existed! I paid my buddies who own a garage to do my water pump (leaking at weep hole) a couple of months ago because I was busy at work and tried of working on the truck all weekend. When I did the 203 T stat a few years ago I replaced the housing due to corrosion ( replaced with probably Dorman). I had no problems after I did it, but after the new water pump it leaked like crazy. When I took it back in we all scratched our heads and just went ahead and replaced the housing. It does not leak now but I am willing to bet the old one just got tweaked and that kit would have solved the leak.

·
Premium Member
9,458 Posts
That ring is nice in that it is made out of heavy enough steel that it clamps down on the stamped housing to the point that it can't warp. They even included larger head and slightly longer bolts.

A friend who is has his own shop and loves the older Powerstrokes has actually purchased quite a few of them to place on his customers trucks.

You could get around it by purchasing a billet aluminum housing that some vendors sell but what I have seen on them they don't have the longer neck that our thermostat housing have..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts