The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem... I am hooking up a 7 pin electrical connector for my 5th wheel. The colours on my truck (92 1/2) F250 4x4 diesel ext cab. Blue
Yellow
Black w/white stripe
Orange
White
Green
Black w/green stripe
When I hook it up I have left and right signals,
Running lights,
Left and right signals with running lights on,
Here it comes... no brake lights or hazard lights?? On the trailer... On the truck yes!
I have double checked ground,I have checked all the fuses even under the hood. I am stumped with this one because isn't the signal light wire the same for turn indicator and brake light if one works shouldn't the other?

· Registered
12,232 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I took the trailer out last night and came home after dark....when I have the running lights on and step on the brake the tail lights on the trailer go out! With the running lights out and I step on the brake all the trailer lights marker,tail etc glow very dim could not see this in the daylight. Now I am even more confused. I mean we are only talking about three wires running, left turn and right turn, how bad can I mess up three choices? Again the truck lights work normal all functions work fine. Could the problem be in the wire splice that goes to the factory plug at the bumper? Should I wire in before the split, because the truck lights work fine?

· Registered
840 Posts
sound like you have a bad trailer ground at the rear lights, grounds on trailers will make you scratch your head till it bleeds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
sound like you have a bad trailer ground at the rear lights, grounds on trailers will make you scratch your head till it bleeds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif that was it was exactly took the covers off the trailer tail lights cleaned up the bulb bases and sockets and low and behold we got lights. Thanks for all your help guys.

· Registered
526 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif that was it was exactly took the covers off the trailer tail lights cleaned up the bulb bases and sockets and low and behold we got lights. Thanks for all your help guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now take them apart again and put a thin coating of dielectric grease on the bulbs. That will prevent problems in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.