The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLLY CRAP EVERYONE WAS RIGHT, its a day and night difference. got my f5 today with no start, stock, 80 tow, 80 ecco, 100 performance, and lope . the differance is so amazing. now when i shift its so much smoother. and so much more responsive. deffinatly woke up the beast within!
thank you so much everyone who encouraged me to get the f5
and jody and Diane for making such a great product.

on another note, how much of a difference is there between 120 and 140. im thinking of sending back to take the 100 off and switch for one of those

·
Registered
918 Posts
you wont even notice much of a difference between the 80 economy and the 120 race. i have both of them. they dont recommend the 140 without supporting mods like a better HPOP because the stock pump cant keep up the the injection pressures the chip is asking for, so you may actually see less performance in the 140 than in the 100

·
Registered
338 Posts
Would the DP tuner on the 100hp tune make the 110 tune on my superchip look like a slug?

·
Registered
918 Posts
idk what the horse power rating was on the superchips that came with my truck was, i always ran it on the high performance setting its the old style black one. My 80 econo makes that seem like a slug lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
yea the Max Micro tuner. That's what I have

·
Registered
288 Posts
my 120 and 140 settings dont seem much different i use my 140 setting for smoking out tail gaters !!

·
Registered
118 Posts
my superchip tuner on 100 performance seemed like it smoked alot, but lacked any significant power increase. got the 80econo tune and it will run circles around the superchip. the truck is just amazing with the dp tuner and it's a early 99. you guys with the later trucks must really be incredible!!!!

During a conversation with James at DP Tuner he pointed out they are still learning and developing tunes for the 7.3 8yrs after production stopped. Most of the other big manufacturers stopped developing new tunes for the 7.3 shortly after the 6.0 was introduced.

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you already have it, I wouldn't bother with shipping back and such to switch to the 140. Too much aggravation to ship back and forth, and you'd most likely not see a big enough difference.. I don't have a 120 tune, just a 100 then 140. I can feel a difference between the 100 and the 140, but it's not huge. It's not enough for it to seem worth it to me to ship back and forth to go from the 100 to the 140.

Since I got it to start with, I enjoy it and am glad to have it, but after experiencing the two, I'd definitely not pull the chip and send it in to add a 140 if you already have a 100. If you had an f-6, I'd say when a spare 45 bucks is in hand, sure why not add it, but definitely not worth pulling the chip. Enjoy the tunes! It's a surprising difference, that's for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts