The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my new HD4r100 in and and have everything back together. I flushed my lines and have the new 6.0 cooler in place, but I forgot to mark the orientation of the hoses from my old cooler. Does it make a difference which way the cooler is hooked up? If so and I am standing in front of my truck facing the cooler which line goes on the left and right?:read:

·
Super Moderator
11,638 Posts
The line from the front of the trans goes to the radiator cooler. From the radiator cooler to either side fo the 6.0L cooler, then from the 6.0L cooler to the rear of the trans.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The line from the front of the trans goes to the radiator cooler. From the radiator cooler to either side fo the 6.0L cooler, then from the 6.0L cooler to the rear of the trans.
Thank you for the prompt reply. Once I get that hooked up I guess I will just need to start the engine and let it run a little bit and then add fluid to bring it up to level. Any other steps I need to take with my new tranny and cooler?

·
Super Moderator
11,638 Posts
No, all you need to do is get the fluid level right when it is warmed up and idling in park.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts