1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Probably

·
Registered
76 Posts
Will be surprised if you find any. Unless someone had changed out a worn-out steering or suspension component with an aftermarket one with grease zerk.

My 13 has none.

Gary

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
The trend has been sealed bearings with very high quality, long life greases.

I think part of the trend away from grease zerks is so few owners ever used to actually grease them consistently.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
the only grease fitting you might have is on a 2 piece driveshaft. Otherwise, there probably are none

Reactions: jwbboat

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I have 2015 F350 with Max Tow that gets the wider track front axle. It has grease fittings on some steering pieces and on the u joints at the steering knuckles. I'm not sure if there is that much difference between the 350 std and 350 with the 450 axle housing that the std version does not have these.

I have been drilling, tapping and adding grease fittings to front end parts on my trucks and on my cars for years. I don't replace ball joints on my vehicles. The good grease/sealed better is valid until the boots crack open. With bad boots pumping grease through on every oil change will keep them in good condition. When I get ball joints for many vehicles, most all trucks, the boot is not attached. Rarely is there any real presence of grease in the new part. I'm talking about OE ball joints that have no grease fittings though many OE replacements have the fittings. WHile we are talking about this, GM does give you a full set of grease fittings on their HD trucks. DID YOU HEAR THAT FORD???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts