The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 f250 7.3 with E4od transmission is making a loud growling noise when slowing down or coming to a stop. Just got done adjusting my throttle position sensor. At times the noise will go away when I put it in neutral but not always. Noise is intermittent but seems to be getting more frequent. No lights showing a problem. ANY help would be greatly appreciated..Jimbo

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
So the noise has nothing to do with applying the brake pedal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like metal on metal “brake pads” but pads are in good shape. Sometimes upon applying the brake it seems to “turn on “ the growling sound but it will also do it by just slowing down.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
In order to isolate the cause, I would raise the wheels and spin each one by hand to see if they grind or are loose. This will troubleshoot the brakes and wheel bearings and drivetrain and allow you to get closer to the sound while the engine is off.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Do you have the noise if the truck is sitting still? If so it is not the Brakes. Your tranny is going bad.

DENNY

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked all the brakes/wheel bearings etc yesterday. All good. I’m leaning toward Tourqe converter as truck has begun to make noise at a stop as if it is still engaged. Possibly solinoid pack in transmission may be involved??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts