The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So just got off the phone with Ford Motor Company.

Background: My Kentucky Built on 11/11/2015 F350 Superduty popped a P04DB code last night.

Did some research and found the above Customer Satisfaction Program 17M04, whiched seemed to fit my issue to the 'T". Code P04DB, 2016 Kentucky build F350 from the correct build dates. "if one or more of these DTCs are present, the dealer will install a CCV collar kit on the CCV oil separator assembly, and reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM), using IDS R111.02 or Higher. "

Current: Called Ford...they said, yes yes yes meets all the criteria of the CSP, however our records indicate your truck does not fall under this Customer Satisfacation Program.

Next Step: They recommend I take it to the dealer and have them Create a Case.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Terry

Oh, picked up a Autel AutoLink AL329 at Walmart to read codes. It seemed to work fine.
T

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Was there ANY explanation as to why your truck was not included in the FSA?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no explanation. I had them read my manufacture date, that it was made in Kentucky etc. I think the CCV is covered under the Ford Emmissions warranty however.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
No, no explanation. I had them read my manufacture date, that it was made in Kentucky etc. I think the CCV is covered under the Ford Emmissions warranty however.
In that case the entire CCV and hose would have to be replaced. No big deal.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I think you may be correct. And I believe it would be covered under the emissions warranty. Thanks. Terry

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I took it in Tuesday and got it back Wednesday. They told me the CCV is not covered under the emissions warranty. And that it did not meet the Customer Satisfication Program criteria. So I mentioned opening a case for me etc etc. He stated the collar kit was about a 20$ part and he would just do it.

That was that.

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts