The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 f250 7.3 with 333,333 miles on it. My dad and brother have had it before me and it shifted somewhat hard, not smooth but not hard that its really hurting the transmission. Then every once in a while the overdrive light would flash and shift real hard. Its a e4od trans by the way. So I've been looking around and seeing some stuff, so I changed the trans oil and rear diff oil this last week. Plus I changed the speed sensor and the mlps sensor. It started to shift better but during this whole time the cel has been on. Well today I noticed it was shifting like brand new and I happened to look down and the cel was off, but now it comes and goes and we can't get any codes to come up. Ive also heard people say the trans is toast but my dad and brother have been driving it like this since they bought it at like 100,000 miles or so.. so what could be my problem

·
Super Moderator
11,939 Posts
You need the codes to fix this. Saying no codes come up means you don't have the right tool to read the codes. Forscan is a good way to read them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts