The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tuxedo Black 2011 F-350 with 31xxx miles on it. I was washing it about two weeks ago when I noticed about a square inch area where the paint is completely gone on the roof. It is on the seam sealer where the roof panel and door frame meet, you know how they run the putty down that seam.

Anyway over the back right door as I said the paint has completely lifted off of the putty. I took it to the dealer where they took some cell phone pics to send in to Ford, evidently they had to get permission to fix a paint issue. Well today the service advisor calls me and says that Ford has denied my warranty claim and that the paint came off due to chemicals. They did not say what chemicals, nor did the body shop look at it, someone in a warranty department just looked at the pictures and said no.

You have got to be joking right? The only chemicals that have ever been on the truck are car wash soap and wax. I have already contacted Crystal on here and she is working on it. I just cannot believe that Ford would deny this on a 1.5 yr old truck, and the rest of it is in perfect condition, I mean it is super clean and well taken care of. I can understand that the primer (it is gone too) did not adhere to the seam sealer putty, it happens. But I did however think that this is what the warranty was for.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had any paint issues, and if so were the issues resolved. Also you might want to take a look up there, I could not believe it when I saw it. I will post up here how it is handled from this point. I have already had to go to arbetration over another car several years ago and itwas a real PIA, I REALLY hope I do not have to do that again..... :sick:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sounds like you have a legitimate case, and having Crystal on it is probably the best you can do for now. Let her run it through and see what she can find.

I haven't noticed any paint issues on my truck yet.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
...I have already contacted Crystal on here and she is working on it. I just cannot believe that Ford would deny this on a 1.5 yr old truck, and the rest of it is in perfect condition, I mean it is super clean and well taken care of. I can understand that the primer (it is gone too) did not adhere to the seam sealer putty, it happens. But I did however think that this is what the warranty was for...
Hi joeycoates,

As you know, I'm on the case! Keep me posted on any news so I can keep a close eye on things.

Sounds like you have a legitimate case, and having Crystal on it is probably the best you can do for now. Let her run it through and see what she can find...
I'm hard at work, edjunior! Thanks for the shout-out.

Crystal

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A lady from Ford Customer Service called today and said that she is going to have the original dealer take some more photographs. She reported that se could not help directly but that the new pictures might be re-examined to see if Ford would do a warranty repair. I do not know what will result at this point so I will just have to wait on the dealer who first took the pictures to call so I can take it back in. I really hope that Ford fixes this issue as they should.

The truck was not tuned and hurt an engine part, or lifted and had transmission issues.

The paint came off......

I am absolutely shocked that they did not just look at this and say "when can you bring it in?"

I will see how it goes from here, hopefully it will end well as I just do not see how they can say that the paint came off because of a "chemical" when there is not a single other place on the truck that this "chemical" has affected. The paint simply did not adhere to the seam sealer.....fix it.

On another note.... Crystal, I do appreciate you moving this to customer service. Please walk over there and light a fire under someones a$$ for me... :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
"Chemicals" is what they told me when the one year old seats in my wife's Expedition started falling apart. They'd never seen anything but a damp cloth. I escalated it as far as possible and Ford just kept telling me to stick it. Too bad this was just AFTER I bought the '11-F350. Your problem is the "chemical" that got slopped on the sheetmetal before the paint was applied. I hope the powers that be at FoMoCo are smart enough to know that we use our wallets to vote for our favorite products. I absolutely do NOT blindly follow a brand, and am presently very dissatisfied with the way I was treated. Especially after having spent $100,000.00 on vehicles within the course of 18 months. Crystal, pass that one upstairs!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I hope it all works out. In my younger days I bought a new black Ranger, and I had some paint issues under warranty. They were taken care of...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Back in 1993 I got my COMPLETE '87 F150 blasted & completely repainted because the color coat was not sticking to the E-coat primer, ALL at FMC expense. On a SIX year old truck.

I was planning on trading the wife's '03 Mountaineer in on a new '13 Escape, but if FMC is denying warrantee so freely anymore maybe I'll buy a Subaru, they're made in Lafeyette, IN.

I'm sure Crystal will see you get taken care of properly.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
...Crystal, I do appreciate you moving this to customer service...
Hi joeycoates,

No problem; I'm happy to do what I can to help! Keep me posted on how things are going at the dealership.

...I'm sure Crystal will see you get taken care of properly.
Thanks for the endorsement, Dr.Evil!

Crystal

·
Registered
569 Posts
dealers won't fix anything unless they get paid for it, much like everyone on here. Ford needs to decide, and if the pictures arent clear, then it can go round and round.

They should chalk it up to a bad paint day and pay the dealer the 2.5 hours R/R plus materials and go down the road.

the dealer COULD step up and say "yeah Ford, it doesn't look like a "chemical" did this, just in this one spot, not over the 500sq ft of painted space on this truck, but on this one little spot right here.." or something to that effect.

I went around and round with Nissan one year over a (what turned out to be) separated hood/brace that rattled. One letter from an atty and 6 mos later, Nissan wrote me a check for $15,000. Seems like it would have been easier to glue the two pieces back together, but hey, I'm not Nissan. they always know whats best :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I was told last Wed that the original dealer was going to be in touch with me to get some better photographs and to have thei body shop look at it. So far I have not heard from them.

When I took the truck in to begin with one of the first questions was "did you buy the truck here?" No, no I did not. I am military so I may have to buy a vehicle and then go somewhere else. I do not have the option of just selling my vehicle when I go from one place to another just to get better service from the local dealership, and it should not make a difference if I bought it there or not, Ford would pay the warranty cost. I agree that if they had said that it did not look like "chemical damage" and said that this needs to be fixed then I would not be in this position right now.

Maybe I will hear something today. I hope it is soon as the weather is nice right now so I can ride the motorcycle while it is being fixed as I know I will not recieve a loaner.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Well, I was told last Wed that the original dealer was going to be in touch with me to get some better photographs and to have thei body shop look at it. So far I have not heard from them.

When I took the truck in to begin with one of the first questions was "did you buy the truck here?" No, no I did not. I am military so I may have to buy a vehicle and then go somewhere else. I do not have the option of just selling my vehicle when I go from one place to another just to get better service from the local dealership, and it should not make a difference if I bought it there or not, Ford would pay the warranty cost. I agree that if they had said that it did not look like "chemical damage" and said that this needs to be fixed then I would not be in this position right now.

Maybe I will hear something today. I hope it is soon as the weather is nice right now so I can ride the motorcycle while it is being fixed as I know I will not recieve a loaner.
Thanks for the update, joeycoates. I know your customer service manager is working hard to get this resolved for you; she made a note that she'll reach out to you once she has news from the dealership. Keep us posted, and if you need any additional assistance from me, just let me know.

Crystal

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Crystal, can you check to see what is happening with this? It has been over a week since I have talked to the customer service rep and I have not heard anything from her or the dealer. I know it might take a minute to get things set up, but not over a week.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hey Crystal, can you check to see what is happening with this? It has been over a week since I have talked to the customer service rep and I have not heard anything from her or the dealer. I know it might take a minute to get things set up, but not over a week.
Hi joeycoates,

I checked on your case and I read that your CSM left you a message this morning. I'll send you a PM with her contact information so that you can call her directly.

If you have any other questions or concerns, just let me know!

Crystal

·
Registered
43 Posts
Saw a brand new f350 platinum black down in florida at the dealer near fort Myers. The back chrome was peeling off of the tailgate and it was brand new on the lot.

·
Registered
149 Posts
18Miles on my 2011 king ranch last summer and the arm rest KING RANCH leather is worn off only using KR from Ford product from the dealer...told me to get lost...

we own two new fords my 2011 and a 2012 King Ranch F150 with eco boost..

Nothing but issues with the F150..all small crap like wheels peeling etc..so far dealer has taken care of it...

Upset with Ford yes...changing to GM not yet

·
Registered
148 Posts
My issue is the rust dots...

I just found little pin dots of rust all over my 2012 Lariat. I know there have been others as I've read a few posts. So off to the dealership tomorrow. I hope I'm not forced to trade in on a Dura-Max...after 4 Super Duties I will not buy another (if Ford does not fix this properly)... Just Sayin...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just found little pin dots of rust all over my 2012 Lariat. I know there have been others as I've read a few posts. So off to the dealership tomorrow. I hope I'm not forced to trade in on a Dura-Max...after 4 Super Duties I will not buy another (if Ford does not fix this properly)... Just Sayin...

Just read this and wanted to chime in on your specific case.

When I purchased my 2009 F150 Lariat and washed it a few days later, I noticed the same little pin dot rust spots all over the roof, hood, fenders, etc... After washing, rubbing your hand over it, I could feel little "specs"..

I brought it back to the dealer and they looked at, I was told that they would take care of it while I wait. After inquiring into the cause, I was told that it was "rail dust" from transportation. They "acid washed" the truck, I guess its a part of the dealer prep process and because my truck was transferred from another dealer upon arrival, the original dealer omitted that step.

After the "acid wash", the spots were gone and never had an issue again!

Just some FYI from my experience. Hope you get it resolved. DO NOT GO TO THE DARKSIDE! :ford: ALL THE WAY!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
But I picked up my truck last April!! I've never had the dots before...

·
Registered
41 Posts
But I picked up my truck last April!! I've never had the dots before...

Well then.... Not to sure... Let us know what you find out!

Have you tried clay barring the area to remove contaminants and see if that does anything?

Sorry I couldn't help! You've got me interested though...:read:

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hi RM2011F250XLT,

I want to escalate this and get your regional customer service manager involved. To move forward, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get your information into the right hands.

Thanks!

Crystal

1 - 20 of 28 Posts