The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Have you looked on the underside for a tag anywhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
I would check at a heavy truck trailer shop. With the truck being a F450 I doubt that any regular trailer shop or RV shop will know.

·
Registered
166 Posts
While not completely sure I believe this is what is called an inverted ball coupler, have only seen one years ago. And after trying to look it up found one made by B&W.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
Gooseneck ball? All farm and ranch stores have them.
You don't just buy a gooseneck ball, the shank has to fit whatever style the brand the hitch assembly is. My Atwood Hide-A-Ball has a round shank with a pin through it to rotate upright or flat, B&W are square shanked and pull in and out.
While not completely sure I believe this is what is called an inverted ball coupler, have only seen one years ago. And after trying to look it up found one made by B&W.
Whatever it is, it's definitely an oddball.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After about 3 days of google I just figured out it’s made by a small company in Colorado called Cody Hitches. Seems like a nice product just impossible to find and unheard of.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
After about 3 days of google I just figured out it’s made by a small company in Colorado called Cody Hitches. Seems like a nice product just impossible to find and unheard of.
Seems like I vaguely remember those Cody hitches, maybe adds in Trailer Life mag. They definitely were not a best seller. Back in the day most all of us had a Buyers or Atwood hide-a-ball:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Buyers-Products-Company-Gooseneck-Retractable-Ball-Hitch-G9003/205662595?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|HC|D25T|25-31_GARAGE/AUTOMOTIVE|NA|NA|RLSA|71700000037147753|58700004141485307|92700037651009845&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjrunsKSu3gIVluNkCh1dOAdTEAQYASABEgJtqPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Later B&W has captured the market, top of the line IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts