The Diesel Stop banner

Has anyone seen a hitch like this before?

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DBHitchGuy 
#1 ·
08 f450, it measures 3” id and is fully secured under the bed only. Dealers, trailer shops and rv places around me have no idea. I’d like to find the correct ball and use it if possible.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you looked on the underside for a tag anywhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I would check at a heavy truck trailer shop. With the truck being a F450 I doubt that any regular trailer shop or RV shop will know.

#5 ·
While not completely sure I believe this is what is called an inverted ball coupler, have only seen one years ago. And after trying to look it up found one made by B&W.

#6 ·
The B&W Turnover Ball gooseneck receiver uses a pull-rod to retain the ball in the square receiver. That one uses a a bayonet-style round socket, like older automotive light bulbs (push & twist).

You might be able to find a tag or embossments if you clean that thing.

#8 · (Edited)
You don't just buy a gooseneck ball, the shank has to fit whatever style the brand the hitch assembly is. My Atwood Hide-A-Ball has a round shank with a pin through it to rotate upright or flat, B&W are square shanked and pull in and out.
While not completely sure I believe this is what is called an inverted ball coupler, have only seen one years ago. And after trying to look it up found one made by B&W.
Whatever it is, it's definitely an oddball.

#9 ·
#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.