The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at maybe getting this kit. full traction suspension
Wondering how it performs and is worth it?
What shocks would a guy use for 4" lift?
Any info would be nice, there isn't much out there for this product.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Has anyone tryed the Full Traction Suspension coil-over conversion for the superduty?

Bilsteins. From what I have read its the best conversion kit out.

Cary

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: Has anyone tryed the Full Traction Suspension coil-over conversion for the superduty?

I would definitely do a coil conversion if I did a lift.I'm jealous of the ride and turning radius of the '05 up. How much is it?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

would be a definite improvement, but the coilovers are gonna be another $300-$500 each to complete the install!
Also I'm not a big fan of bolt-on suspensions.
just my 2¢

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well it costs $2400 for the kit and like whitjo said you have to fork over $600-$1000 for shocks. Not cheap, but a new truck isn't cheap either. I already have a 4" lift kit but I'm sick of it riding like a lumber truck.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I have and it is amazing!!! I have the king coilovers and have the kit currently set at 8.5" Talk about riding 100% better!! Wow deff worth the $$$ if you plan on keeping your truck. I have noticed it also handles alot better as well. Getting ready to go up another 2.5". The coolest thing is it is adjustible from 4" to 11" max. I got all my stuff from Jesse Todd at Farmboy Fabrications great customer service and he really knows his stuff!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperStrokedFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have and it is amazing!!! I have the king coilovers and have the kit currently set at 8.5" Talk about riding 100% better!! Wow deff worth the $$$ if you plan on keeping your truck. I have noticed it also handles alot better as well. Getting ready to go up another 2.5". The coolest thing is it is adjustible from 4" to 11" max. I got all my stuff from Jesse Todd at Farmboy Fabrications great customer service and he really knows his stuff!! </div></div>

Let's see some pics of it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I did it. I called Jesse Todd and he got me all squared away.
It will be a couple weeks before I get the kit, but I will post pictures of the install.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with the SAW shock cause they match my truck.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
The FT coil-over conversion is a great system, however I personally would not recommend it if you desire less than 6" of lift. Doing so will not give you very much compression travel which will lead to frequent bottoming. This is due to the inherent physical dimensions of coil-overs which are not as space efficient as a standard coils. Therefor they will require more lift for an equal amount of suspension travel.

Here are a couple of examples:

TruckToyz Performance Image Viewer

TruckToyz Performance Image Viewer

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to speak on Jim's (snosfun) behalf...but since it appears he does not get on much, and people are looking for updates, i can put up a couple pictures of his truck, and a few others, so people can have some reference.

Snosfun (Jim) 4.5", 50/50 travel on an 8" SAW Coilover, Eibach single rate spring

Brian (not sure if hes a member here), 8.5" with 8" travel single rate Kings....also an 05 frontend conversion

Superstroked (Anthony), 10.5" with SAW 12" travel coilovers, with black powdercoated King dual rate coils:

Hopefully soon I will have some pics of one at 8" with the Icon ZooRoad dual rate coilovers.

- Jesse

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, been busy. This kit is fantastic, made my old 99 ride like a new truck. Jesse Todd at Farmboy Fabrication in Florida is the man. He knows his stuff and is great to deal with. I am at 4" of lift right now and there is no problems, I told Jesse that I wanted to have 4" of lift with the option of going to 6" later and he picked the right shocks so I can do that.
It took me a good day to install the kit. Had a little trouble getting the shocks filled with nitrogen, nobody really does that here in Montana yet.
I get a lot of rubber necks when I drive my truck now.
I don't have a recent picture of my truck, I have 315 pro comp extreme terrains on now.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL as soon as I posted last time, I see Jesse beat me by a few minutes. Here are some new pics I just took.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Whats the Farmboy set up costing you guys? I know it depends on the coils and mine will need to fit the 8" lift.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Whats the Farmboy set up costing you guys? I know it depends on the coils and mine will need to fit the 8" lift.

I'll send you a PM

We (Truck Toyz Performance) are supporting vendors here on TDS and sell Full Traction, King, etc... as evident by the pics posted by Marty aka Overkill up above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
very nice . like the kit but for the money ill save ill do the conversion my self with the 05-08 front axle and stock parts from junk yard will bee half as much ride just as good.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Wrecking yards are very proud of the '05+ front axles. I have bought a few so expect to pay somewhere around $2000 for the axle alone. Never the less if you are only looking for 4" or less of lift I would also recommend the '05 suspension swap.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts