The Diesel Stop banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ford:09 Super Duties have gone up 1800 bucks. These Ford ding dongs are nuts to do this as their sales have dropped 35% in each of the last 4 months. They do have $3000 in rebates, but they'll need $10000 in rebates to mach the 08's. That aren't selling. Also they've bunched up the packages and made you spend more to get the best selling options. And the dumb axle ratios that aren't available with 18's or the camper package. Any comments?:ford::shrug03:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Ford stock is selling for about $2.25 a share. Diesel has dropped from $4.70/gallon to $3.60/gallon in the last two months. And Ford has slowed production of the 09 models so dealers can move 08 inventory off there lots. The price of just about everything has gone up, while the market has gone down. Oh, and it's an election year. But I sure these factors have nothing to do with Ford's decision to raise the price of the truck your looking at.

Must be corporate greed.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think its called survival.
Jim
No, it is called "Marketing"

Survival would be filing for bankrupcy, reorganization and busting the union.

"Marketing" ........is used to meet changing times and/or to adjust product placement in an current enviroment. Currently Ford needs to clear NOS off the dealer lot before loading dealers with excessive vehicles to carry on their floorplan.

For those who can live with purchasing a new, but not the most current model year vehicle....the deals are there to be had.
There will always be those who just need to have the newest release on the market, and again there will be deals out there......Just not as at a deep of a discount at this time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think its called survival.
Jim
I think he was being facetious.

The mazing thing about the discounts on the 08s is that it was "all new" for 08- can't remember deals on new models before and certainly not of this magnitude. Ford messed up big time on their over production but not as much as the stealers who have dozens of 10month old trucks sat on their lots.

·
Registered
589 Posts
What have you bought recently that has not gone up in price?
GAS and DIESEL....when compared over the last number of months!
Now, That is Being Facetious.....LOL
But alas, I'm feel sure this will change in due time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in the construction industry and I've seen all kinds of things go up and then come back down based on demand. I guess that's my point, the truck demand is way down. One theory might be that ford is raising the sticker and already has heavy 09 rebates and they're hoping the market will return and the rebates will go away. The package juggling is gay though. I want adj pedals for 110 bucks not 1500 hidden in some "Home Depot Edition" package. It just seems like american car companies are yanking our chains as their ship is sinking. How about a "High MPG" edition?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What have you bought recently that has not gone up in price?
Been to a McDonalds, BK, Taco Bell, Arbys or Wendys lately? Talk about a TON of food with reduced prices. Tell me when the 99c menus have had more items on them.

Back on topic, yes I do believe that Ford is out of their mind raising the price of trucks when dealerships cant give the 08's away. :thdown:

·
Registered
15 Posts
And then today, Kerkorian is sell off all his stock in Ford and he is/was a major stake holder in Ford. It sound's like they're going down the tubes, like may be, out of business?

Then to hear the dealers tell it they're in good shape...... when you try to deal on a truck that has been on their lot since May.

The worst part is, we're ready to buy, but I haven't found a good enough deal yet to make me sign.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
And then today, Kerkorian is sell off all his stock in Ford and he is/was a major stake holder in Ford. It sound's like they're going down the tubes, like may be, out of business?

Then to hear the dealers tell it they're in good shape...... when you try to deal on a truck that has been on their lot since May.

The worst part is, we're ready to buy, but I haven't found a good enough deal yet to make me sign.
If your not married to Ford, there are a TON od Dodge trucks out there VERY cheap. Yup, it's a dodge, but I have seen a few trucks with the 6.7 offered very cheap. Two examples, both with auto's, 4x4, Quad cab. One $29.5, the other $27.5. These types of prices havent been seen in the diesel market since 1999 or so.

Lowest I saw a Ford here was for an XLT 350, CC for $34.5

·
Registered
71 Posts
If your not married to Ford, there are a TON od Dodge trucks out there VERY cheap. Yup, it's a dodge, but I have seen a few trucks with the 6.7 offered very cheap. Two examples, both with auto's, 4x4, Quad cab. One $29.5, the other $27.5. These types of prices havent been seen in the diesel market since 1999 or so.

Lowest I saw a Ford here was for an XLT 350, CC for $34.5
What was the MSRP? Not considering a Dodge (though 2500 PowerWagon is great but need Cummins from factory) but want to know the lay of land as regards other domestic heavy dutys.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What was the MSRP? Not considering a Dodge (though 2500 PowerWagon is great but need Cummins from factory) but want to know the lay of land as regards other domestic heavy dutys.

$42+ on both.

·
Registered
910 Posts
FORD HAS GONE NUTS. As usual they have come up with some more crap to throw at us all. Now the nav system is not availble with a stick?? any reason why? of course not, other than they are simply trying to phase out the stick. why don't they just do it already and stop with the BS stuff that frustrates customers? last year the nav was avaible with the stick, but now no. any major changes to the 09???? NO!!! just some options not available and some are. glad to see they allowed for black leather in a lariat now, but i went to build one out, stick and all and no nav??
these guys are simply off base to put it politely. whether you care or not, this does affect us all. pretty soon trucks will all be one way, options very limited, maybe even go to 250 srw and all 350 and up duallys. more and more car like every day. i am glad that they are having these troubles, i know that sounds wrong, but they deserve it for the way they do things, and for what is priority to them. When I placed this attempt at an order, only about 5 of the 12 dealers I sent requests to even replied for real. and after talking with them, only two have actually built the truck and sent me a price sheet for it and price quote. Not one of them even called to the factory to ask about the nav system issue to see if it was even possible. and I got many calls from the "service" that ford has hired to do the follow up survey junk. i thinks its so funny. what does so and so ford need to do to earn your business?? well, gee let me think, how about get the f-ing truck I want and stop trying to sell me some crap that you ordered for the yuppy crew who are back to driving their honda crv's and rav4's and are not here keeping you in business but the truck buyers are still out here, having to weed thru all the crap ford and the ford dealers have thrown at them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
GM stopped putting manual transmissions in their full-size vehicles in 2006...that was the last year. Dodge and Ford are the only ones left, and now Dodge only offers the manual in the 2500 and 3500, just like the F150 only comes in an automatic. Most Americans do not want to shift, so they do not stock them. I was getting killed on trade offers for my truck to buy a new Jeep diesel because it is a stick. Such is supply and demand. Now, I bet if they came out with a diesel, mated to a manual, that got an EPA est 20 mpg town and 30 mpg highway, they MIGHT start to sell again. Until then, we are the last of a dying breed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
soon enuf

While the prices may be going up here lately id say here before long if you can wait a bit yull see some pretty attractive deals. They gotta sell trucks and they aint selling [bleep] right now, hence your bailout package

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Why don't some of you guy's vent your anger at the EPA for all the regulations put on the automotive industry . You have no idea what it takes to put a car/truck into production. You just are not able change things everyday, that's why the automotive industry has a shut down every June/July for 2 weeks, for change over. The design is done 1 to 2 years in advance. Change over costs are in the billions of dollars. The suppliers have to retool there plants too. Then make parts way ahead of time so they have parts for start up of the new model. Just think of the thousand's of parts that go into making a vehicle. All manufactures are the same . Want an education? Take a tour thru an assembly plant sometime.

The design engineers don't have magic powers, but they do one heck of a job .

It's not REvolution it's Evolution :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My 1997 F350 Crewcab Dually sold new for $21655.00. Ten years later a like equipped 2007 F350 sells for $44000.00. And up...It's gotta stop somewhere. I think it's time for Detroit to restructure. From top to bottom. The question is....are the auto workers willing to take pay and benefit cuts in order to preserve their jobs? The CEO's claim they'll work for a dollar a year. (Like we really believe that) The days of wages equivalent to $80.00 an hour (with benefits) are over I think. I don't make that kind of money, do you?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just looked at some '08's today. Prices were good but financing was crap! I guess you have to pay cash to really get a good deal. What the hell's the point getting $10,000 off if you have to repay that same amount in interest. When I bought my Dodge they gave me a great price and 0% financing for 60 months. Ford will give me 2.9%, but only if I pay for 36 mos. and then they won't deal. I wonder why they can't sell trucks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well i say it it is just marketing and survival. They are just trying to make money from people who will pay the extra for a 09 now vs. giving more rebates later to get them off the lots for next year's models.
That being said they still need to get their head out of their a--! They should reorganize again and get their costs down to weather out this economic storm. Rather than expect their customers to pay these huge price increases on products, parts, labor, etc. during these tough times just to keep them going. They should also keep in mind that they are in business for the customer not the upper crust management. If the customer is not happy they will go someplace else. No customers= no business.
Example from one of the other posts: as a customer, if you want a stick in your truck then you should get one, right? Not be forced to put up with the "crap-0-matic" that will let you down when you actually use your truck like a truck and not like a car. Not to mention the fuel econ. difference.
I guess they had better get their priorities straight before it is too late. just my .02.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.