The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the studs in the truck yesterday and it took about 10 hrs and ran into a snag but once that was taken care of it was easy. I would do these all day long in the truck and I bet I could do them in 8 hrs next time.

Pics Inside

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured also, If I had more custom stuff to do I would have pulled the motor and did it all then.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I haven't yet, I only went down the road to top it off before I haul the boat in 2-weeks. I think the rod did that during the last pull of the season last year when I held it to the mat in second gear and it was against the limiter popping and banging, but that won't happen this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Banned
2,184 Posts
How much you charge? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

So studs can be done by pulling the evac unit and blower stuff out?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were against studs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

-
Andrew

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
well something has to keep the heads from lifting once I add the 2nd turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuses---- excuses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bleh.gif

Back on topic nice job Mo_smoke
-
Andrew

·
Registered
975 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Did the studs in the truck yesterday and it took about 10 hrs and ran into a snag but once that was taken care of it was easy. I would do these all day long in the truck and I bet I could do them in 8 hrs next time.

Pics Inside

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pics on the drivers side? Did you drill through the firewall?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to do that. Remove motor mount bolts and trans mount bolts. You can move the motor around with floor jacks to do the install. I did my first set in under eight hours by myself.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
well something has to keep the heads from lifting once I add the 2nd turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you heard about duct tape?

[ QUOTE ]
Another ?

You have to re torque those bad boys once you get her heated up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with stock head gaskets.

·
Registered
208 Posts
we pulled the motor, put new gaskets, studs, and put it back in and running in 7 hrs,but that was two of us.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, the A/C stuff comes right out and you don't even have to open the system. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pics Inside

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pics on the drivers side? Did you drill through the firewall?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did the DB install there and used a 1-1/8" hole saw to make an access hole and will stop at the bodyshop supplier to get a plug (the Dodge boys have the same type of setup in their cowls from the factory)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote
You have to re torque those bad boys once you get her heated up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with stock head gaskets.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
we pulled the motor, put new gaskets, studs, and put it back in and running in 7 hrs,but that was two of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also dealing with customers to keep my business running. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

1 - 20 of 23 Posts