The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 F350 7.3 Diesel. I turned on lights - the flickered and went out. Tried high beams, they flickered and went out but the high beam indicator on the dashboard remained on. All other lights and electrical systems work. So far I have:

1. Checked the fuses in the box under the hood.
2. Replaced the dimmer (multi) switch on the steering column.
3. Checked the wires to the underside of the fuse box under the hood.
4. Tested the fuse sockets in the box under the hood.

The problem was not 1, 2, or 3 but I found no current to the fuse slots for fuses 9 and 10. 9 is the left headlight and 10 is the Power Point.

From the wiring schematic, it looks like the common thread is that both fuses and the high beam indicator connect to the Central Junction Box. This is were I get lost.

Is the Central Junction Box the fuse box under the drivers side dash?

Are there specific fuses that go to the under hood fuses 9 & 10?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
24,886 Posts
It makes a difference on whether you have sealed beam or aero style headlights on the fuse numbering.
High beam indicator for both sealed beam and aero headlights are on the same side of the fuse as the headlights. It could be that the grounds are messed up. You need a ground to complete the circuits.
For aero headlights, power comes from fuse #10 (30A) in the Battery Junction Box (under hood), thru the headlight switch, to fuse #16 (15A) in the Central Junction Box (under dash), feeding both the indicator and the headlights. Low beams come off the headlight switch thru fuse #9 (10A) to the left headlight and fuse #11 (10A) to the right headlight. There is a ground for both high and lowe on each side, and a separate ground for the indicator.
If you have sealed beams, the fuse number feeding the headlight switch is #13 instead of #10.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I did check the grounding and it appeared to be okay but I will take another look. I also looked at all the fuses, not just 9, 10, & 11. Mine are all 10 & 20 amp. It is an old truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts